SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#126868 - 01/19/04 03:39 AM Old Newby sends Kudos to Forum
OldNewb Offline

Loc: Shorewood Wi. USA
Hello everyone.
I have been lurking in your very nice forum for about a month now and thought I would take the time to introduce myself.

I am new to the whole Arranger keyboard thing but have been a performer in bands for the past 30 years both as a guitarist and a keyboardist.

I recently decided, after much deliberation, to pick up a qy100 to be used along with my old alesis qs6 and so far have been generally pleased with both the functions of the qy and the xg sounds it has. Now I know there are many of you with way better equipment out there and I have checked a lot of it out myself, But as a Newb, the qy seemed a good starting point for me. You guys with the tyros, make me green with envy as that kb just blows me away, and someday I hope to own one or perhaps something better by then.
Well anyways, I just wanted to say I have enjoyed following the many good posts here and congratulate you all an a VERY good forum, and hope I will someday be able to contribute as much as I gain from it.
Best wishes to all,
Newb

#126869 - 01/19/04 06:33 AM Re: Old Newby sends Kudos to Forum
STAM Offline

Loc: Brussels, BELGIUM
Welcome on board!

#126870 - 01/19/04 06:58 AM Re: Old Newby sends Kudos to Forum
trtjazz Offline

Welome to SZ
Terry

------------------
jam on,
Terry http://imjazzed.homestead.com/Index.html

#126871 - 01/19/04 07:12 AM Re: Old Newby sends Kudos to Forum
keybplayer Offline

Loc: CA
Welcome to the SZ OldNewb. As I'm sure you've noticed this is one of the best resources on the net for Arranger Keyboards and Keyboards in general. Enjoy your stay and we look forward to hearing more from you.

Best regards,
Mike

#126872 - 01/19/04 07:42 AM Re: Old Newby sends Kudos to Forum
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Welcome to the asylum! I'm sure you'll find the answers to a lot of complex questions pertaining to arranger keyboards here, as well as enjoy joining in on some of the lively discussions.

Cheers,

Gary

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#126873 - 01/19/04 08:49 AM Re: Old Newby sends Kudos to Forum
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Welcome from Louisiana!
DonM www.donmasonmusic.com

#126874 - 01/19/04 09:00 AM Re: Old Newby sends Kudos to Forum
Dnj Offline

OldNewB.....Pull up a chair .....your gonna love the ride....don't be affraid to ask, thats what we're all here for.......

Welcome

------------------
www.donnypesce.com

#126875 - 01/19/04 09:12 AM Re: Old Newby sends Kudos to Forum
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
OldNewB!

Welcome aboard ! Looking forward to your posting contributions as well as hearing your music. - Scott

------------------
http://scottyee.com

#126876 - 01/19/04 09:52 AM Re: Old Newby sends Kudos to Forum
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Great ! Fresh blood !

#126877 - 01/19/04 11:23 AM Re: Old Newby sends Kudos to Forum
cassp Offline

Loc: Motown
Welcome. The QY100 is a facinating instrument. I couldn't get as comfortable with it as I wanted, but the concept you are using is a valid and good one. Keep up the good work. Stay in touch. Get your hands dirty.

#126878 - 01/19/04 01:54 PM Re: Old Newby sends Kudos to Forum
OldNewb Offline

Loc: Shorewood Wi. USA
Thank you all for the nice welcomes.

I will have quite a few questions as time goes by and I promise not to be bashful about asking them.

I will also someday be posting some song performances of mine, but that day is quite a ways away yet. I have plenty on my plate already.
I do have some limited sequencing knowledge dating back to my old alesis mmt-8.
But that was years ago, and though I still have the old dinosaur, it has not had much use, lo these many years, due to it's limited storage capacity. And I refuse to attempt to save data to a cassete tape ever again. lol

The "arranger" part though, is completely new to me. And if and when I am ever ready to "take it on the road" again, I want to be proficient at using the arranger in live situations rather than just playing along to midi's.

Well, I am a bit beat after a long day at the salt mines and am heading off for a nap.

Thank you all again for the nice welcome.
OldNewb

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online