SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#126865 - 10/28/02 07:08 AM Read post from keyskitten in General Discussion Forum
BEBOP Offline

Loc: San Jose, California
I Read this post last night in the General Discussion Forum (top of the index in the Synthzone) or just click on this addy: http://www.synthzone.com/ubbs/Forum1/HTML/002728.html
Reading this post gives me the insight into keyskitten that I had been lacking while reading her posts here on this forum. I can now better understand where she is coming from and what her needs are. I now have a lot more empathy for her that was lacking after reading her posts on this forum. Perhaps she will settle in here and become a productive member of this forum, and/or perhaps she will be banned here also. Only time will tell. Lets give her a few days and see if she can/will fit in here with us arranger people. I think she may have a lot to offer.
I direct this paragraph to Keyskitten.
I have played piano and organs and keyboards for 65 of my 71 years. For 15 years I did midi using as many midi channels as were available. First only two and eventually 16. I layed down the tracks that I could do best and then mailed the sequence to the people that could lay down the next tracks better then I could. Every song we recorded was a joint composite done by people all over the world through email. I have over 4000 midi files in my computer and a great many of them were done this way. The point here is that most of us still alive are now playing arranger keyboards, even though we were all accomplished musicians that owned or played in many bands. WHY?
Because it is EASIER and ACCEPTABLE NOW.
I hope you can understand where WE are coming from and become a productive member of OUR Forum and also make it YOUR forum.
Best to all

------------------
BEBOP
Moderator SynthZone TECHNICS FORUM
http://www.synthzone.com/cgi-bin/forumdisplay.cgi?action=topics&number=25
Bill Forrest in SAN JOSE, CALIF. USA
bforrest@ix.netcom.com ICQ # 562519
Homepage http://www.anycities.com/bebop/

#126866 - 10/28/02 09:27 AM Re: Read post from keyskitten in General Discussion Forum
sk880user Offline

Loc: United States
That might explain everything. Thank you for clarifying. As I said, we welcome Cathy and we want her to be part of us. Not all of us use Styles and not all of us like styles But we accept each other music regardless of we use or do not use styles.

Thanks.

#126867 - 10/28/02 10:40 AM Re: Read post from keyskitten in General Discussion Forum
Alex K Offline

Loc: Phoenix, AZ USA
Cathy (keyskitten),

The link provided by Bebop certainly explains much of the mood which comes across in your posts. I wish you strength in your fight with C, and a quick and complete recovery. I hope that participating in this forum will lighten the burden which you are carrying right now.

This forum is a wonderful place. We practice different religions, espouse different political views, represent both genders, and a multitude of ages. The members live in the countries all over the world. Our talent is also all over the scale. There are once-a-month preformers (like me), people who make a living, playing music full-time, or the ones who play at home, some who have made dozens of CDs, others who have experimented with MIDI or audio recordings, or the ones whose computers are too far away from the keyboards to record anything (like me again). There are people who are accomplished pianists, or who have spent their musical careers playing other instruments and have only now switched to keyboards, as well as the ones who are self-taught play-by-ear types (again, like me). Most of our members use styles, though some only play interactively, while others record and/or use sequences to showcase their vocal talents.

Nevertheless, the factor which brings us together is our enjoyment of playing music. We all enjoy playing equally much, regarding of our skill level or gear we use. We exchange opinions, and learn from each other. This helps each one of us better ourselves. That is why we have managed to avoid acrimonious fights (mostly), and why this forum is a runaway leader in the number of posts among all of the Synthzone discussions.

It is my hope that our early misunderstandings will be put to rest, and you will find participation in this discussion as enjoyable as the rest of us do.

Regards and best wishes

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online