SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#126837 - 10/05/03 07:23 PM Re: Regretting buying my Triton Studio
Anonymous
Unregistered

No problems, hey I understand totally.
The Triton Studio is extremely advanced, so I can understand why you feel like you do. Once you get your head around it, you won’t believe how easy it is to actually operate.

If you get stuck, give me a shout at irishacts@irishacts.com
Or post your questions to TH or IA with my name in the topic. That helps me to spot someone in trouble.

I can even help you to refine the methods your already using to speed things for you like your midi file issue. For example, if you load a midi file, go to page 5 SEQ mode, and simply delete the first measure from all tracks in one go wipes all the GM Program change from 99% of all midi files. Straight away you can then start to map them to KORG sounds for enhanced sound quality.

Same goes for the effects. 99 times out of 100 the master effects will be set to Chorus, and Smooth Hall.
EQ settings….
Low 3.5
MID 1.0
High 3.4 to 4.5

Heck I can even send you a few files to view.

Stick with it kid. The Triton Studio is the most powerful workstation on the planet.

Bye.
James.

#126838 - 10/06/03 01:12 AM Re: Regretting buying my Triton Studio
MacAllcock Offline

Loc: Preston, Lancashire, England
Its all about prioritisation and self discipline, surely.

The Triton has so many possibilities you could spend forever just working out what everything does.

However it seems self-defeating to suggest that you should have bought a different keyboard so that you would spend less time exploring its boundaries!?!?

As others have said - stick with it. You are suffering from learning-curve-itis. There's just so much to learn!

#126839 - 10/06/03 12:58 PM Re: Regretting buying my Triton Studio
MusiKMan Offline

Loc: California, USA
Quote:
Originally posted by James Tubbritt:
No problems, hey I understand totally.
The Triton Studio is extremely advanced, so I can understand why you feel like you do. Once you get your head around it, you won’t believe how easy it is to actually operate.

If you get stuck, give me a shout at irishacts@irishacts.com
Or post your questions to TH or IA with my name in the topic. That helps me to spot someone in trouble.

I can even help you to refine the methods your already using to speed things for you like your midi file issue. For example, if you load a midi file, go to page 5 SEQ mode, and simply delete the first measure from all tracks in one go wipes all the GM Program change from 99% of all midi files. Straight away you can then start to map them to KORG sounds for enhanced sound quality.

Same goes for the effects. 99 times out of 100 the master effects will be set to Chorus, and Smooth Hall.
EQ settings….
Low 3.5
MID 1.0
High 3.4 to 4.5

Heck I can even send you a few files to view.

Stick with it kid. The Triton Studio is the most powerful workstation on the planet.

Bye.
James.

Sharp,
Does this also apply to the Trinity? Same instructions?
Im going to try it out...

Musikman4Christ........

#126840 - 10/07/03 04:58 PM Re: Regretting buying my Triton Studio
KN_Fan Offline

I just wanna add though- deleting the first measure won't work too well- better to go into the program change, and change the sounds from there- That's why it took me a bit longer, but by not deleting the first measure, I think I don't jeopardize deleting other program changes too. I don't know if I'm making sense or not

#126841 - 10/08/03 10:38 AM Re: Regretting buying my Triton Studio
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Quote:
Originally posted by James Tubbritt:

If your regretting buying the Triton Studio then you need your head examined.

Oh, I don't know about that. I passed up the chance to own severl Tritons and my head is just fine. That piece is definatly NOT for everyone, and say what you will..... it's got plenty of viable competitors that equal or surpass it in many ways.
To critisize someone's gut feelings about a purchase is just not fair. The knFan was just blowing off some steam from experience and comfort levels. I wouldn't keep a Triton if I got one for $500. It's just not my bag. It doesn't fit in well in my world, so please don't offer any "head shrinking" advice to me either ....... I have enough going on up there !

#126842 - 10/08/03 12:03 PM Re: Regretting buying my Triton Studio
KN_Fan Offline

Nice to know that Uncle Dave got my back! Thanks!

Well- I understand from both sides- This forum consists mainly professionals with arrangers while James (from irishacts) is a professional who happens to use the Triton I believe. It's like some people go to the Triton's forum (I belong there too) and say "Uuhm..which one is better, Yamaha or Korg" asking this question to Korg's die hard fans over there..yeah, I wonder what they'll say

It's all good! I still have both keyboards and one guy from the forum kinda helped me out a bit (James you'll probably now him- it's eurodude a.k.a djtim).

Let me tell ya...Internet/message boards are THE BEST!!!!!

#126843 - 10/08/03 03:30 PM Re: Regretting buying my Triton Studio
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hi MusiKMan.

Quote:
Does this also apply to the Trinity? Same instructions?

Yes. More or less anyway.
The Smooth Hall effect on the Trinity is actually better.

Hi KN_Fan

Quote:
I just wanna add though- deleting the first measure won't work too well- better to go into the program change, and change the sounds from there

Do that and you will have 1 measure of silence at the start of the song. Do it the way I said, and you won't.
Just make note I said 99% of midi files work the way I just talked about. When you do find that 1% that causes problem, then you can simply delete the CC# and Prog Change data from measure one in two simply goes. Just use the "ALL Tracks" option.

Hi Uncle Dave
Sorry but I'm pushed for time so I will make this a quick one.
If you passed on the Triton Studio, then that says nothing other than you personally didi'nt like it. All I'm offering here to "KN FAN" is my knowledge of the Triton Studio with is more than anyone else is doing.

Buy another keyabord is not the answer. He already has the most advanced workstation there is. It maybe to much machine for him right now, but with time he will be laughing back on all this.

Bye.
James.

#126844 - 10/08/03 03:44 PM Re: Regretting buying my Triton Studio
KN_Fan Offline

Hey guys...where's the loove?

I was just venting a bit- no biggie.

No I'm not buying another keyboard. Bill Gates is not my uncle (but my Uncle Dave can probably chip in and help out with a couple thou )

I remember deleting the first measure James, but for some reason it didn't work for me. With my way of programming, true some of the songs had 1 empty measure but that's easily taken care off by putting 'four closed-hi hats' and we're good to go. Hey, that's Triton- you can do whatever you want pretty much.

I'm laughing already as one of the guys from the forum helped me out. It's a long process, but I'm slowly getting there.

PEACE!

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online