SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#126827 - 10/04/03 09:16 PM Regretting buying my Triton Studio
KN_Fan Offline

I need to vent.

After about a year. I'd have to say I'm regretting my decision in buying my Triton Studio. I've been spending way too much time fiddling with the keyboard itself rather than creating music. Yeah, my usual three hours is spent on downloading the general MIDI, reconfiguring the sounds, reprograming the effects, and re-recording some parts with my own. That's not freakin' making music! I should've gone with something more 'old school' or going with Motif ES, KN2600 or something

Argh..I'm just frustrated. Needed to vent.
Thanks
KN>

#126828 - 10/04/03 09:52 PM Re: Regretting buying my Triton Studio
Idatrod Offline

Loc: Oceanside, CA USA
KN_FAN

Maybe sell the Triton Studio by way of e-Bay or put an add in your local paper. Studio's are hot for making hip hop, funky, and synth type music so if you live in an area that has a strong influence in that type of music you should be able to sell it fairly easy especially at a going price. Or through e-Bay you might be able to get much more $$$ for it.

Also, I'm not aware if you know that owners of the Triton Studio are able to get a free upgrade to the TS 2 OS software update. It's posted on the Korg site I believe. Maybe if you update your Studio to OS 2 it will perhaps fix some of the flaws and inconveniences you now experience. Also if and when you sell the TS you may want to wait until Winter NAMM 2004 before you purchase another Workstation. Word is, Korg will be releasing a new Workstation that is suppose to blow other Workstations out of the water including its own Triton Studio 2. Hard to believe it will top the Motif ES. We shall have to wait and see.

Whatever you do don't trade your TS in to the Store you purchased it from, especially if it was Guitar Center. Guitar Center only gives 25 cents on the dollar for trade ins. So that is 1/4 of the price you paid for it. So if you paid $2,700 originally they will only give you $675 tops. Might as well keep it if that's all you'll get for it. e-Bay is kind of risky but if you know the in's & out's of selling on e-Bay you should be okay plus you may find a buyer that will pay top dollar for it. But I think your best bet is to sell it outright. That is, IF you want to sell it.

Best regards,
Mike

#126829 - 10/04/03 11:15 PM Re: Regretting buying my Triton Studio
KN_Fan Offline

Idatrod,

Never I trade my Triton Studio back to Guitar Center. I'd rather keep it in my bedroom!

If I can actually find a tutor for my Studio, that would've been much better I think.

#126830 - 10/05/03 06:49 AM Re: Regretting buying my Triton Studio
sk880user Offline

Loc: United States
KN_FAN,

I fully understand your situation. If one has limited time per week, then one must get an instrument that has all the sounds already ready for use and tweaked to perfection by professionals who get paid to do this job.

That is the reason I value high-end arrangers. Now I am thinking of to start using VSTi. These are software that give you quality sounds in the studio.

In the future, I would assume that software instruments would replace hardware instruments for quality sounds. The only thing I am waiting for is VSTS: software styles.

#126831 - 10/05/03 08:02 AM Re: Regretting buying my Triton Studio
Clif Anderson Offline

Hi SK

While there are no VST styles, there are VST instruments that can generate patterns, e.g., Groove Agent for drums, and Virtual Guitarist for rhythm guitar. Also, styles might appear as MIDI FX rathern than as VSTs.

#126832 - 10/05/03 09:36 AM Re: Regretting buying my Triton Studio
kbrkr Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
KN,

How much you want for your TS and is it 6/7/8?

I'm in the market for a new TS I have a Triton Classic Pro and I'm looking to upgrade.

Al

Pa4x - LD Systems Maui 28 - Mackie Thumps

#126833 - 10/05/03 10:10 AM Re: Regretting buying my Triton Studio
KN_Fan Offline

Hmmm...as much as I regret buying it, I'll probably regret selling it with a very low price. Especially mind is really considered new (no scratches, nothing...I put it in my living room that's it). CDR-W, soft carrying case and all. Let me think about it.

#126834 - 10/05/03 11:38 AM Re: Regretting buying my Triton Studio
sk880user Offline

Loc: United States
Cliff,

Thanks. Where can I read about this?

I am using cubase SX and will be using Nuendo2

Thanks.

#126835 - 10/05/03 04:29 PM Re: Regretting buying my Triton Studio
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hi KN_Fan.

Well I’m going to be brutal honest with you.
If your regretting buying the Triton Studio then you need your head examined.

Your regret could only be based on the fact that you don’t know how to use the Triton Studio, that’s all. So, why not ask someone for help ?. I believe your already a member of Triton Haven ?. There’s also Irish Acts where a large number of advanced users hang out. Me being one of them, I’m “Sharp” from IA. I also answer a lot of threads on Triton Heaven so, post your questions there.

Selling up and moving on is not the answer to your problems.

Ask the guys who know it all mate. We are all online supporting each other daily.

Regarding your comment of spending 3 hours fiddling around with Midi Files. If it’s taking you that long, your doing it wrong. There are some simple laws you need to know about midi files. Why do you think that they are all compatible with keyboards with the GM logo ?. The reason is because they are all mapped out to a specific standard. Knowing that standard will help you remove the crappy GM settings and have you re-mapping them on your Triton Studio to get that way higher quality KORG sound that most people here don’t even know about.

As for the MOTIF ES ?. I won’t say anything bad about this workstation because overall it’s a great keyboard, but do you honestly think you fill find it easier to use the Motif ES ?. Take a look at the size of the screen, and note “””not a touch screen”””. The touch screen is not a gimmick, it’s a tool that allows us to navigate as speeds beyond other workstations as you should know.

My advice to you is simple. Stick with what you have. Nothing else even comes close. You just need to learn how to use it by asking questions in the right place.

A very good tip for you would be to buy the Triton Studio Video manuals.

Regards.
James.

#126836 - 10/05/03 05:21 PM Re: Regretting buying my Triton Studio
KN_Fan Offline

James,
Wow...you recognize me from Tritonhaven? Dang...

Well- I was just ranting earlier. Don't get me wrong. Triton Studio is one of the best keyboards out there. I know this. Just venting earlier, and I was just trying to make a point with my three-hour-MIDI file.

I just spent a bit too much time trying to make it sound 'perfect' or whatever. Probably it's a good excuse to buy a better monitor

I know one guy from tritonhaven, he's really good with the Studio, but we are talking at a different wavelength sometimes (perhaps he's too advanced and the way he constructs music is different than mine). Anyhow...that's about it. No I'm not selling at this point

(now...I assume you have a Studio too? Give me your email now and be my tutor! )

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online