SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#126761 - 09/13/05 01:26 PM Lionstracs Medistation X-76
Filipe Tomas Offline

Hello guys, i receive my Mediastation X-76 at home. Iīm crazy with performance, functions, soundīs and bbbbbbbiiiiiiigggggggggggg sampler. Iīm a old Ketron SD1 user, MS x-76 is a really audio workstation.... Now Itīs the reality true of next generation workstation. Congratulations LIONSTRACS !!! any more information about my new Keyboard at www.lionstracs.com

#126762 - 09/13/05 01:47 PM Re: Lionstracs Medistation X-76
to the genesys Offline

Hi glad to hear that you are enjoying your new keyboard!!

I guess when you have played it for a while can you give a review?

How is the key-feel, how easy is it to operate on a gig or for general playing? What is the sound like? And so on.

If at all possible, could you get some MP3s with a demonstration of the sounds and styles? It’s always good to hear how the end-user uses the keyboard.

#126763 - 09/13/05 02:25 PM Re: Lionstracs Medistation X-76
Filipe Tomas Offline

Hi, the sounds are good soundīs. The style are good too. I play demo sampled sound and are nice. I have my personal GIGA sound Library from my personal computer and download it to Mediastation Hard Disk Before i use alive some GIGAstudio soundīs with a Portable "Echo Audio Indigo DJ PCMCIA Sound Card" in a notebool pc. Now all these soundīs I can play direcly from MS. In Portugal we have some tipical and regional music styles, according our music culture. Then I must convert and make some new styles, because I play very "Portuguese Music" in my alive show.
The Keyboard I think its very easy to operate because there are keys for separated functions (IN1234 FIll1234 var1234 and END1234, direcly. The arranger donīt "stop or drop" when i play a style and play another style without need to stop arranger. No "loaded time", directly. Important, all buttons arranger keys layout are very good "distributed" just up the left hand. Very good "LED" colorīs showing what I play ( var12... intr...fil12.)
Very organized (styles category) like folderīs, many information on arranger LCD, directly change to 12 other styles on lcd.
I can make a combi with 8 layerīs, but donīt test it. (Maybe this week)
The keyboard keys are like piano keys.
Itīs very easy to share files with Windows, now i my home i have a 15" LCD connected to MS vga out to "organize" my personal files.
I think i a few days i can post a personal photo and a MP3 with me playing too.
Just let-me use more my new Keyboard and prepair some file demos to the people.

Tankīs and best regardīs to all memberīs

Filipe Tomás

#126764 - 09/13/05 06:44 PM Re: Lionstracs Medistation X-76
tazar Offline

Loc: san diego, CA, USA
Filipe,

Who was the representative in your local area.
If you don't mind me asking; how much did you spend on it?

Tony Azar

#126765 - 09/13/05 08:09 PM Re: Lionstracs Medistation X-76
BlkNotes Offline

Dear Filipe,

Which version of mediastation do you have? ( i.e X-76 standard, X-76 expanded, or X-76 expanded plus?)

If you could please showcase the quality of styles/accompaniment[audio/midi arranger] in your MP3s since demos of these from lionstracs are sparse. Thanks

Regards;
BlkNotes

#126766 - 09/14/05 12:31 PM Re: Lionstracs Medistation X-76
tazar Offline

Loc: san diego, CA, USA
all,
did anyone try to play the demo videos posted on the liostracs website?
I had no luck with them.
Tony Azar

#126767 - 09/14/05 12:53 PM Re: Lionstracs Medistation X-76
Filipe Tomas Offline

Hello Guys :-)

I Buy my Mediastation directly from Lionstracs because I donīt have distributor in Portugal. TAZAR, i pay 3200 Euro to a Mediastation X-76 expanded version.

I hope post some MP3 in few days.
About videos online, I read with my XP Mediaplayer 9, no problem.

Like a say before the sound itīs very agradble, I must record an MP3.

Tanks people

Best regardīs

Filipe Tomás

#126768 - 09/17/05 01:19 PM Re: Lionstracs Medistation X-76
Craig_UK Offline

Loc: UK
It's nice to see another Mediastation user on here.
I've just purchased the X-76 expanded plus and it should arrive some time this coming week. I'm also getting Gigastudio 3 orchestral so I can go to town with all of the sounds (that's providing Giga is easy to use as I'm more of an arranger man than into samples).
I'll let people know on here what the arranger is like when I get the keyboard.
Please get in touch if you want to share ideas and brain pick etc with a fellow Mediastation user.

#126769 - 09/17/05 02:36 PM Re: Lionstracs Medistation X-76
BlkNotes Offline

Dear Craig;

I'm curious as to what made you take the plunge into purchasing the mediastation x-76 without actually playing the keyboard in person first. Further, since you state that you are an arranger man, I would presume that syles would be of up most importance to you. The info & demos on the arranger portion of the x-76 keyboard ( i.e. styles, intros, fills endings ) is sparse, so I am interested in why you made the leap of faith. What Kbs have you played prior to this? Thanks

Regards;
BlkNotes

#126770 - 09/18/05 07:02 AM Re: Lionstracs Medistation X-76
Craig_UK Offline

Loc: UK
Hi there.
I've been playing keyboards for 26 years and I currently own a Ketron SD1 which I'll be selling shortly and I also have my trusty Roland G1000. I've gone through alsorts in the past both arranger, workstations and synthesisers from numerous manufacturers.
The reason I have gone for the Mediastation is because all of the popular manufacturers seem to churn out keyboards like hot dinners and I'm sick of them all sounding far too similar.
Yamaha do nothing for me whatsoever, they haven't since the V50 years ago, I simply don't like their sounds or styles. Technics never appealed to me, I think Korg should stick to synthesisers, I've had a few Rolands and since the G1000 nothing has ever come close not even the G70. Sorry to you guys who own these but each to their own.
I wanted something totally different. The giga sounds are going to be implemented into the arranger shortly as Lionstracs are working on that, the sounds are spot on as another Mediastation user sent me some MP3's. The instrument links to a PC/Mac and can be updated free of charge via the internet.
I admit I don't like some of the demos on Lionstracs site especially that German bloke freaking out with the organ sounds all the time - not a good demonstrator in my opinion, sorry to say that but check out the ones by Andy from the UK they are far better. Also some demos are pretty old, the newer demos are far better both audio and video.
I do loads of recording on PC so I can create my backing and then play live over the top if I don't want to use the internal styles, keeping the songs on the hard drive (200GB in Mediastation). The options for this instrument are endless and I can customise it to the way I want rather than being dictated by the manufacturers presets and limited editing facilities as found in many other keyboards.
Loads of reasons why I wanted this to be honest and I'm going for the Wersi Ikarus as soon as I sell my Ketron SD1. Wersi and Lionstracs are simply the way to go and cutting edge stuff, other manufacturers should take note before they get left behind.
Whats the point in naming a keyboard Tyros 2 but not really offering that much new? Surely Yamaha users would prefer a totally new design and new hi-tech features rather than a revamp of the last few years technology? I don't mean to upset anyone or other users, but I'm sure there will be people just like me fedup of the big names bringing new instruments out that really do bugger all from the last release lol.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online