SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#126592 - 12/21/05 01:46 PM Tyros 2 and Quick access keys?
to the genesys Offline

Just wondering if any of the Tyros 2 owners know anything about this thing called Quick Access keys (Q A) on the Tyros 2?

#126593 - 12/21/05 04:46 PM Re: Tyros 2 and Quick access keys?
Michael P. Bedesem Offline

Loc: Shrewsbury, VT
There is something called Direct Access which perhaps is what you mean.

There is a button at the bottom left of the screen. If you push this and then a specific button on the T2 you immediately go to what otherwise might be a sub menu.

The list of these specific buttons is on page 24 of the Data Manual. It is VERY useful and worth the time to note your more frequent target locations.

I hope that this has been of some assistance.

Regards,

Michael

#126594 - 12/21/05 06:58 PM Re: Tyros 2 and Quick access keys?
to the genesys Offline

Yes!

That was the feature I had heard about.
It is a great thing on Yamaha's part.
It seems as if Yamaha is leading in the way of putting simple (and what may be to some people insignificant features) on their keyboards but this feature is a benefit to all.

Just think, having direct access to some of your most used features by a short cut key (where other wise you would have to go to a lot of menues).

The Tyros 2 is looking greater and greater every day.
Now if they would just have a 76 key Tyros 2 or better yet a module, I would have one like yesterday.

#126595 - 12/22/05 03:45 AM Re: Tyros 2 and Quick access keys?
kbrkr Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
I've given up on the 76 key wish for the Tyros and bought a T2 anyway. At the suggestion of many other forum members, I am making a special effort to learn how to do chord voicings on an arranger keyboard with only 12 keys in the left hand split section. So far so good, but I still need practice.

The T2 is everything I had hoped for, it really rocks!

The Direct Access function as well as other quick functions let you move about this board very gracefully during a performance and soon becomes second nature in that the complexity of the board goes away and you focus on the music more.

Pa4x - LD Systems Maui 28 - Mackie Thumps

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online