SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#126426 - 03/02/03 06:16 AM Re: Special effects lights...
rattley Offline

Loc: Punta Gorda Florida USA
I just bought one of those brand new christmas tree type color wheels they don't make anymore on eBay. I also bought a similar brand new type that is wall mounted. Got them both for under $30...........keep lookin!

#126427 - 03/02/03 06:41 AM Re: Special effects lights...
The Pro Offline

Loc: Atlanta, Georgia
A unique lighting effect that I use is the "Bob The Flame Light" by Chauvet - they cost something like $40 each from Musicians Friend and I use one on either side of my keyboard. They look great, like real flames. They've even caused a little anxiety with the audience in the past week though it's easy enough to reassure them by putting your hand in the "flame". I'm always being asked where people can buy them for their home. I just use a little front lighting and the Bobs do the rest - giving the stage a nice ambience. Now if I could only figure out why they are called "Bob"...

#126428 - 03/03/03 08:42 AM Re: Special effects lights...
Leon Offline

Loc: British Columbia
Our band recently put together a new scrim set up as a backdrop.
Consists, very simply, of 4 pieces of1/2" pvc piping (tubing)these are joined (2 each) as an "X", over which we stretched white spandex material, about 6'x6'. They have the appearance of sails, behind which we use triggered lights or still lights(depending on the song). Looks very good.
Also...hides the amps quite nicely, so the stage is very clean.
Good luck with your endeavours.

[This message has been edited by Leon (edited 03-03-2003).]

#126429 - 03/03/03 04:46 PM Re: Special effects lights...
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Thanks guys and gals. I guess it's time to go shopping now. Lots of great tips, and the information from Shavoano Music Online was very informative.

Thanks again,

Gary

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online