SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4
Topic Options
#126324 - 01/05/04 01:51 PM Re: More thoughts on my KP-100S
BEBOP Offline

Loc: San Jose, California
Thanks for the imputs people.
My birthday is coming up in about a month so I am going to email this topic to wife Jann along with Dan's email address.
If anybody wants to buy a pair of Peavey KB100's, I will consider anything over 2.00 a pound
Best to all and thanks for the help
Bebop

#126325 - 02/09/04 11:48 PM Re: More thoughts on my KP-100S
rintincop Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Beakybird:

I just shipped off my JBL Eon10 G2. As I was putting everything away, I looked at the specs of the JBL. The frequency response is nearly identical: 65hz-17000khz for the Motion Sound and 70hz-18000khz for the JBL. So the JBL's bass response is similar to the Motion Sound - and possibly the smaller speaker size of the Motion Sound colored my first impressions of it.

The JBL is a lot lighter 23lbs. vs. 38lbs. and a lot more powerful: 200watts versus 100watts. Still, I no longer have the phase cancelling effect on the piano sound of my PSR2000.
Beakybird

Hi Beakybird,

I am curious, putting the low end issues aside, do you think think a pair of JBL EON10s in stereo would have had more clarity, smoothness and natural sound in the mids and highs than a Motion-Sound 100?

Thanks,
rtc

#126326 - 06/11/06 10:16 AM Re: More thoughts on my KP-100S
alfredo Offline

Scott & others .....

I was wondering how this amp has been working out after all this time?

rtc?

#126327 - 06/11/06 10:25 AM Re: More thoughts on my KP-100S
RobertG Offline

Loc: Southeastern PA, USA
Just my 2 cents on this subject. I have a KP-100s. I found it lacking in volume for even small jobs at time. I just got the Logitech Z5500. More work to set up (I am working on that) but similar in weight to the KP-100s. However, the Logitech with 500 watts is a much better solution IMHO.

I haven't gotten or heard the eminence replacement woofer for the KP-100s.

#126328 - 06/11/06 10:35 AM Re: More thoughts on my KP-100S
Beakybird Offline

The KP100S did not work out for me. It was not powerful enough. My new setup, two Yamaha MS100 speakers, together weigh about 5lbs. more than the KP100S. But each 100 watt speaker goes way louder than the 100 watt KP100S. The Motion sound speaker's volume output is anemic for a 100 watt amp.

The fidelity was good, but I had lots of venues where I couldn't deliver enough volume without distorting. I perform for elderly folks at nursing homes, retirement homes, senior socials, park district senior events and private parties. Now it is very rare that I am not loud enough. Next week I have a large picnic, so I will rent a subwoofer to augment my sound.

I think that perhaps a better alternative than what I had would be two JBL Eon10 G2s. They go even louder, and I have heard from people that have done side by side comparisons, that they sound better than the Yamahas that I have. The JBLs are slightly larger, more costly, but weigh the same.

I liked the concept of the Motion Sound system, and I overlooked for a long time that it wasn't cutting the cake.

With my current system, I get many many compliments on the quality of my sound system. This wouldn't happen very much with the KP100S.

An advantage of the Motion sound is quick setup. If you go instead with a small powered speaker, like the Yamaha or JBL, you can purchase a gig bag where you can always keep your power cable and speaker cable plugged in. When I get to a performance (remember I play at retirement homes), I put each speaker on top of a chair, I unzip the front face of the gig bag, revealing the speakers, and I pull out the power and speaker cables and plug them in. I use my keyboard to adjust the volume. It takes me less than 10 minutes to set up.

I am certain that a pair of JBLs would offer a more balanced sound than the Motion Sound. My yamaha speakers do, and even though my Yamaha MS100 speakers are rated with a superior bass frequency response than the JBLs, I have heard anecdotally that the JBLs have a fuller bass response, so go figure. Another advantage of two speakers is that you can set them 15-20 feet apart and get real stereo and less dead spots in the room.

Beakybird

[This message has been edited by Beakybird (edited 06-11-2006).]

#126329 - 06/11/06 01:38 PM Re: More thoughts on my KP-100S
BEBOP Offline

Loc: San Jose, California
Still using the KP200S with total satisfaction. It has all the bass I want. It travels well in the basement of the motorhome so only an 18 inch lift in and out. I have used it for street dances in an RV park and it covers the entire park with good sound, and brings people from the farthest corner to where I am set up in the middle.
Haven't used the pair of Peavey KB100's for a long while. I use the Z2300 in the home studio, feeding it from the T2 through the mixer and computer.
I have two other pairs of active speaker/amp units but never use them anymore either.
I LIKE THE KP200S
Bebop

[This message has been edited by BEBOP (edited 06-11-2006).]

#126330 - 06/18/06 09:39 AM Re: More thoughts on my KP-100S
alfredo Offline

Thanks Beakybird

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online