SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4
Topic Options
#126271 - 11/13/04 09:55 AM Re: More G70 details
Dnj Offline

This sounds ineresting on the G70?

Adaptive Chord Voicing
The greatest innovation in the arranger section is a new technology called Adaptive Chord Voicing (ACV). The technology is based on an intelligent real-time chord voicing for each accompaniment part, which creates a natural arrangement - each instrument in the style plays smooth musical lines instead of jumping to awkward intervals each time the chord is changed.

#126272 - 11/13/04 01:17 PM Re: More G70 details
karlo Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Sander:
But! I now heard a new official demo and that sounded pretty refreshing!

Hello.
Is that official demo somewere on the web?

#126273 - 11/13/04 01:34 PM Re: More G70 details
karlo Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by karlo:
Hello.
Is that official demo somewere on the web?

Upsss, I founded it on http://www.rolandkeyboardclub.com/v/prod_detail.php?id=213&pagina=1 Opera browser couldn't show the link with demo.

#126274 - 11/13/04 02:10 PM Re: More G70 details
ChicoBrasil Offline

Loc: Belo Horizonte,Minas Gerais,Br...
I downloaded just one file from:http://www.rolandkeyboardclub.com/v/prod_detail.php?id=213&pagina=1
I am not very impressed with the demo song.
If that is the acoustic guitar and organ sounds, Yamaha is a lot better.
Still waiting for convincing demos.

Chico

#126275 - 11/13/04 03:41 PM Re: More G70 details
keybplayer Offline

Loc: CA
Quote:
Originally posted by ChicoBrasil:

I am not very impressed with the demo song.
If that is the acoustic guitar and organ sounds, Yamaha is a lot better.
Still waiting for convincing demos.

Chico

I disagree Chico. I found the AC Guitar quite convincing and the Organ sounded pretty good too.

Possibly the problem lies with your PC speakers?

Since the demos are .mp3's, which is a compressed music format, it is a less than ideal way IMO to truly gauge an instruments real sound quality and expressiveness. Plus if your PC speakers aren't accurately reproducing the sound, i.e. "not up to snuff", then it will make the demo even less representative of it's true sonic nature.

Hearing the demo through my Klipsch PRO Media 2.1 speakers/w Subwoofer it sounded very good overall IMO. In fact the AC Guitar sounded of Mega Voice quality to me.

If it/they (the Guitar voices) can be played Live with no drop outs or glitches, unlike the Mega Voices, which cannot be played Live realistically, then Roland will most likely have a true winner on its hands with the G70 IMO. At least, as far as Guitar sounds go.

Best regards,
Mike

PS: Chico, you may have top of the line PC speakers as far as I know. Sounds are subjective of course. If you have top quality PC speakers and you still say the AC Guitar and Organ don't sound good to you, then it is a personal opinion and one that I respect.

To my ears and through my speakers the AC Guitar and Organ sounded very good. Again, it is simply my opinion.

[This message has been edited by keybplayer (edited 11-13-2004).]

#126276 - 11/13/04 04:35 PM Re: More G70 details
ChicoBrasil Offline

Loc: Belo Horizonte,Minas Gerais,Br...
Hi Mike.

I didn't say that AC guitar and organ sounded bad.
I just said that I am still waiting for more convincent demos from a brandnew and expensive keyboard that was announced and posted in net, before the final adjustments (The European demos showed that problems).
My sound system is the same that I make use for all keyboards.
For the time being Yamaha AC guitars and organs sounds better here, IMO, of course.
Maybe I will change my opinion.
The future will say

Cheers
Chico

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online