SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#126213 - 03/13/03 07:34 AM Re: America's Favorite Cities
Catsailor Offline

Tom,

If you're only here for a day, you might want to check out "old town" and if you have a car, you may want to take a drive along the scenic "Turqoise Trail" (North Highway 14) through the mountains to Madrid. Madrid is an old coal mining town with lots of arts and crafts places. You could also take a ride on the world's longest tram to the top of Sandia Peak. This is a nice ride that offers a view of Albuquerque and the Rio Grande valley. There's a restaurant at the top, but it's rather on the expensive side. If you want some good Mexican food with a nice atmosphere and reasonable prices, check out Gardunos. If you have a little more time, you could check out the "plaza" in Santa Fe about an hour's drive north. These are places I take visitors. Enjoy your stay in the "Land of Enchantment."

Peter

#126214 - 03/13/03 04:38 PM Re: America's Favorite Cities
Pilot Offline

Loc: Ontario,Canada
KFingers, my favourite stately home is Chirk Castle, 4 miles SW of Llangollen (I wonder how many here can pronounce that). It's in magnificent condition and the folks there are very obliging (at least they were 25 years ago). They even let me take photos which is very unusual for this type of venue (insurance restrictions).

Bryan

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online