SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#126203 - 03/12/03 10:43 AM America's Favorite Cities
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
What's YOUR favorite American City travel destination? Is yours among these?
http://aolsvc.travel.travelandleisure.aol.com/afc/results.cfm

#126204 - 03/12/03 11:01 AM Re: America's Favorite Cities
Dnj Offline

San Juan Puerto Rico

#126205 - 03/12/03 11:03 AM Re: America's Favorite Cities
Catsailor Offline

I guess people don't come to Albuquerque. Probably because they can't spell it! By the way, no passport is required yet, just a birth certificate and drivers license! :-)

Peter

#126206 - 03/12/03 12:51 PM Re: America's Favorite Cities
KN_Fan Offline

San Francisco is a pretty cool place to be...but housing/rent price is ridiculous...I've been trying to push myself to go there...but paying $1000/mth for Studio...hard to justify it..BUT, if I had won a couple million in lottery, have good job (PLUS perhaps Scott needs somebody to carry his 'heavy' speakers)...I'll move

#126207 - 03/12/03 01:07 PM Re: America's Favorite Cities
travlin'easy Online   happy

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
My favorite city in the world is Key West, Florida. The climate is warm year round, but temperatures rarely get above 85 degrees. The humidity is relatively low, averaging about 40 percent in the summer, which is low in comparison to Baltimore in August when the temperature and humidity are usually equal (90 & 90). Key West is not a large island, but it hosts some of the best restaurants in the south, there are lots of places for musicians to find work and everyone expects you to play and sing Jimmy Buffett songs. If you're an avid diver or recreational angler, the water teems with hundreds of species of fish, and you can see the bottom to depths of 80 feet or more in some locations. Oh, there's one final attribute. Formal atire in Key West consists of clean shorts, a Hawaiian shirt and sandals. Life is good in the land of white sand, palm trees and balmy ocean breezes.

Cheers,

Gary

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#126208 - 03/12/03 03:38 PM Re: America's Favorite Cities
rattley Offline

Loc: Punta Gorda Florida USA
Hello...........I have been living in my favorite destination for 13 years!
Punta Gorda, Florida USA

#126209 - 03/12/03 04:11 PM Re: America's Favorite Cities
kbrkr Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
My #1 City is New York (Naturally). I actually disagree with the poll that San Diego is the #1 Holiday City. That honor should go to New York.

My number two city which I'm going to on April 17th is Honolulu.

Al

Pa4x - LD Systems Maui 28 - Mackie Thumps

#126210 - 03/13/03 05:05 AM Re: America's Favorite Cities
Pilot Offline

Loc: Ontario,Canada
Always loved Boston. I've been going there nearly every year for the best part of 30 years for a holiday. Love the city and the sea and the history and the surrounding areas.

Bryan

#126211 - 03/13/03 05:24 AM Re: America's Favorite Cities
KFingers Offline

Loc: Brighton - UK
Me - I'm from the UK but I've been to the US a few times.

I was mugged in NY - My fault for going to the "wrong" bit of Central Park.

I suffered a Hurricane in Florida (My fault for going there at the wrong time)

I nearly got run down in Chicago (Probably my fault as I was looking the other way as you guys all drive on the WRONG side of the road - LOL)

But the place I liked the best was Atlanta as they used to hold the NAMM there (years ago) and it was a truly spectacular event in those days (as I'm sure it still is - I just don't get to go there any more)

If any of you guys manage to "escape" from your little country you ought to check out London, Paris or Rome (as Frank says) or Prague or Berlin or Barcelona - There are one or two interesting places in the other continents too...

Not too sure I understand what this topic is doing in what I thought was an international forum!!

Now guys - which is your favourite stately home? - LOL

[This message has been edited by KFingers (edited 03-13-2003).]

#126212 - 03/13/03 06:28 AM Re: America's Favorite Cities
Tom Cavanaugh Offline

Loc: Muskegon, MI
Peter,

We are flying into Albuquerque on Friday April 4. We'll arrive at about 10pm. I have a room booked there for the night then it's on to Gallup to visit my son on Saturday the 5th. We plan to return to Albuquerque to visit and site see for the day on Monday the 7th. Then on Tuesday it's on to the Grand Canyon, then on Wed and Thur Las Vegas. We are back in Gallup on Fri and Sat and then we fly out of Albuquerque on Sunday.

What do you suggest we see while we are there?

Tom

Tom

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online