SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#126112 - 12/03/02 11:28 AM Tyros & USB Connection
Graham UK Offline

Loc: Lincolnshire UK
My friend having the Tyros now for 4 weeks has recently loaded the USB Driver provided and connected the Tyros to his PC. He is now getting occasional PC lock-up. We have no proof that the Tyros is causing this and there are many factors that can cause this type of fault, but it is only since making the Tyros - USB connection that the problem arisen.

Has any other Tyros owner with it connected via the USB found a problem?.

Graham UK

#126113 - 01/09/03 09:09 AM Re: Tyros & USB Connection
veneman Offline

Loc: Mierlo, the Netherlands
Graham,

I can confirm noise/spikes on mains connection to the TYROS causes an unwanted signal over the USB that locks-up the PC's USB circuit. I can reproduce it by switching on equipment like TL Lamp. I have tried it with other battery powered PC, and also moved the TYROS to another wall-outlet, it proved the TYROS picks up the spikes on the mains connection.

#126114 - 01/09/03 11:56 AM Re: Tyros & USB Connection
trtjazz Offline

I have had zero problems with it and my Tyros is up all day hooked up to my PC all day which is up and running and neither has locked up yet.

What I would say is this....tell you buddy unplug the Tyros and watch the pc for a few days and see what it does, then plug the Tyros back in and see what it does.

Try repeating that a few times and if it keeps locking up when the Tyros is plugged in then....I would say the next thing to look at is what o/s the guy has and what else if anything is running at the same time etc.

An example for me...with Norton Anti virus running....my Sonar software just will not run at all, my point being investigate a bit further, shut things off that are running in the backround on the pc until he finds the mismatch.
Terry

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online