SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#125590 - 01/07/05 12:14 AM Does anyone know when the next G70 software is goin to be realeased
g,mon Offline

Does anyone know when the next G70 software upgrade is going to be realeased?

#125591 - 01/07/05 03:34 AM Re: Does anyone know when the next G70 software is goin to be realeased
royandreno Offline

Loc: Sandnes, Norway
Just curious, what in particular is it you want updated?

------------------
Roy-Andrè

#125592 - 01/07/05 04:53 AM Re: Does anyone know when the next G70 software is goin to be realeased
g,mon Offline

Bug fixing of:- saving of user programs, Harmonic bars ...

#125593 - 01/07/05 04:46 PM Re: Does anyone know when the next G70 software is goin to be realeased
ironhill Offline

Loc: NRW, Germany
Quote:
Originally posted by royandreno:
Just curious, what in particular is it you want updated?

Hi, Roy-Andre,
curious is the reaction of the Roland company. Knowing their bugs, they have nothing to say
about. A list of all the bugs on G-70 will exceed a lot of paper. But today it's regular let the
customer find out. That's the reality, including all manufacturer.
Regards Hanspeter

#125594 - 01/07/05 06:48 PM Re: Does anyone know when the next G70 software is goin to be realeased
royandreno Offline

Loc: Sandnes, Norway
He-he, that's funny, and in this case I think you're right.
Must give it to Yamaha though, they did a pretty good job sussing out the bugs in the Tyros before it came out. Scottyee sorted them out on a couple of things though...

------------------
Roy-Andrè

#125595 - 01/07/05 11:46 PM Re: Does anyone know when the next G70 software is goin to be realeased
to the genesys Offline

I had an experience with a certain keyboard manufacture’s tech support person where instead of acknowledging the bug or trying to find out if it is indeed a bug the person said that the user does not know how to use their keyboard and did not read the manual.

That was said without the tech support person knowing how long I have been using the keyboard (6 years) and was probably made because in explaining the problem, I said that other people were telling me why I don't use X brand of keyboard instead. In fact, the reality was that I had indeed read the manual from front to back.

Maybe that's the way it is with most manufactures?

#125596 - 01/08/05 07:40 AM Re: Does anyone know when the next G70 software is goin to be realeased
Alex K Offline

Loc: Phoenix, AZ USA
Every single new keyboard has had bugs, especially the ones with updateable OS. That is not a reflection on the manufacturer, but rather how quickly they respond with the fixes. I think that Roland used to be pretty good about the fixes, but I guess we will have to see how well they will do this time.

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online