SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#12542 - 05/12/05 05:14 AM Casio Keyboard No sound
graenoss Offline

I have a Casio WK 1200 but I have lost all sound, even headphones make no difference. Can anyone please help?

#12543 - 05/12/05 06:29 AM Re: Casio Keyboard No sound
Jim Wintringham Offline

Loc: Forest, Oh., U.S.A.
I don't have the wk-1200 (mine is the wk 3000). But they are most likly similar. It is possible that you have 'turned off' the 'local' keyboard. This setting is ment for using the keyboard to control an 'external' sound device...and turning off the internal Casio sounds (headphone and speakers). You would want the 'local' option turned on. If that isn't it...try a factory reset (you should be able to find that in the manual....the manuals are also avalible online: http://world.casio.com/emi/download/en/manual/ )

Other posibilities could be having the keyboard 'split' set at an odd note (like all the way to the highest right side of the keyboard). The headphone jack could have gone 'open'...meaning the contacts aren't making, with the headphones unplugged (but that would'nt cut off the headphones)

Please post back what you find...to help others with similar troubles.

[This message has been edited by Jim Wintringham (edited 05-12-2005).]

#12544 - 05/12/05 06:46 AM Re: Casio Keyboard No sound
graenoss Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Jim Wintringham:
I don't have the wk-1200 (mine is the wk 3000). But they are most likly similar. It is possible that you have 'turned off' the 'local' keyboard. This setting is ment for using the keyboard to control an 'external' sound device...and turning off the internal Casio sounds (headphone and speakers). You would want the 'local' option turned on. If that isn't it...try a factory reset (you should be able to find that in the manual....the manuals are also avalible online: http://world.casio.com/emi/download/en/manual/ )

Other posibilities could be having the keyboard 'split' set at an odd note (like all the way to the highest right side of the keyboard). The headphone jack could have gone 'open'...meaning the contacts aren't making, with the headphones unplugged (but that would'nt cut off the headphones)

Please post back what you find...to help others with similar troubles.

[This message has been edited by Jim Wintringham (edited 05-12-2005).]

Hi Jim, thank you so much for your interest, but try as I may, I can't fid any re-set facility onthis model, not even in the handbook
I honestly don't think I've confused any keys, the thing just stoped after half a dozen bars .
I will keep trying, and thanks again Graenoss

#12545 - 05/12/05 08:50 AM Re: Casio Keyboard No sound
jford Offline

Hi, Graenoss -

I do have a Casio WK-1200 (in addition to the Casio WK-3500. This may or may not be your problem.

If you do have sound for awhile, but it just seems to lock up, then (and this was documented on the web at one time) make sure you have fresh batteries in the keyboard. Even if you are using the power supply, there was a problem with the 1200 in that it would lock up on you at times. I have found that when using the power supply, the batteries do last a long time, but they do need to be changed every so often. I usually experienced this when the sound started dropping out.

This may or may not fix your problem, but it's worth a try.

John

#12546 - 05/13/05 02:33 AM Re: Casio Keyboard No sound
graenoss Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by jford:
Hi, Graenoss -

I do have a Casio WK-1200 (in addition to the Casio WK-3500. This may or may not be your problem.

If you do have sound for awhile, but it just seems to lock up, then (and this was documented on the web at one time) make sure you have fresh batteries in the keyboard. Even if you are using the power supply, there was a problem with the 1200 in that it would lock up on you at times. I have found that when using the power supply, the batteries do last a long time, but they do need to be changed every so often. I usually experienced this when the sound started dropping out.

This may or may not fix your problem, but it's worth a try.

John

Hi jford,
Thank you so much for this advice, it will be a couple of days before I can try your remedy, but I assure you I will try it,and advise you as to whether it works or not.
I am amazed that there could be such a simple possible solution
Regards Graenoss

#12547 - 05/28/05 09:51 PM Re: Casio Keyboard No sound
mcwi Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by graenoss:
I have a Casio WK 1200 but I have lost all sound, even headphones make no difference. Can anyone please help?

[This message has been edited by mcwi (edited 05-28-2005).]

#12548 - 05/28/05 09:55 PM Re: Casio Keyboard No sound
mcwi Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by mcwi k,my wk 1200 lost the sound,I tried everything,no positive results.is there anybody who can elp to resolve this problem?thanks!

[This message has been edited by mcwi (edited 05-28-2005).]

#12549 - 05/29/05 02:45 AM Re: Casio Keyboard No sound
graenoss Offline

It seems the fault was a burnt out electronic component which as been replaced. ( At least that's what I've paid for) Thank you all for trying, Regards Graeme

#12550 - 05/29/05 10:40 AM Re: Casio Keyboard No sound
mcwi Offline

can you tell me what have you replaced?do you know the name of this part?

Quote:
Originally posted by graenoss:
It seems the fault was a burnt out electronic component which as been replaced. ( At least that's what I've paid for) Thank you all for trying, Regards Graeme

#12551 - 09/09/05 05:42 PM Re: Casio Keyboard No sound
Anonymous
Unregistered

SUCCESS!!!
I've figured out the problem to my Casio SK-1200 no sound issue.

It is something to do with the MUTE. I never bothered to find how to un-mute mine, I simply bypassed this feature by soldering a jumper on the LA4620 amplifier (big thing connected to the big heatsink). By applying 12Vdc to the pin 13(I jumped pin 11 to 13 since they're next to each other), the mute function is disabled.

Here is the link to the LA4620 manual http://pdf.alldatasheet.co.kr/datasheet-pdf/view/40130/SANYO/LA4620.html

Good Luck!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online