SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#125379 - 04/05/01 07:56 AM X1 Soundbanks- Distribution SUCKS!
Marc Bischoff Offline

Loc: Rotterdam, NL
Hi ,

I really would like to know how can you get hold on the Solton soundbanks for the X1!
My dealer gave my (luckily) the Supersolos and contemporary banks for free, when I came to install the HD. But what about the Piano bank, the folk bank? I don't understand anything of this distribution-policy of Solton.
On the Ketron website you can see them all, but you can't order/ buy them! What is this? No online-shop, well ok? But not even an order form (by e-mail e.g.)
In the shops they either don't know anything about Solton keyboards or they only might have one copy of the soundbanks which they don't sell (only for promotional use)

I really don't understand the selling stratagy of Solton for those Soundbanks. They are easily downloadable (8MB) and should be available at they website for download (free or for money, I don't care)
I would love to have the Piano/Accordion and folk soundbank.

Wasn't the "expandable aspect" one of the big "advantages" of the X1.
Well, show me: where is the so called " expandability"???????????????

Marc

#125380 - 04/05/01 08:45 AM Re: X1 Soundbanks- Distribution SUCKS!
George Kaye Offline

Loc: Reseda, California USA
Mark,
Yesterday, I received a folder of new literature and software order forms from Bell/Duvox, the US distributor. This was the first time I had seen pictures of the 5 or 6 sets of 8 MB sound sets. I noticed the Piano sounds, called the office in New York, and ordered the sounds for my store. I would think this is all any dealer would have to do. The problem that you are experiencing is much what I see in the industry. Dealers often don't take the time or want to take the time to provide "small" add ons to their customers.
I'll give you an example:
Yesterday, a woman came into my store after calling from Southern to Northern California looking for a to host IBM connection cable. Not one store she called, except mine, stocked this cable and most stores didn't even know what this cable was. This is so typical of our retail industry these days. If stores called Yamaha, they would find that they have hundreds of these cables on their shelves, but the orders don't come in.
This is just my opinion as to why you don't find things like software libraries, etc. at the local dealers locations. I too would like to see styles and sounds available on the company websites, but they are in the business of making music and making money and usually you don't see things available on their sites without a charge or telling you to check with your dealer.
Find out who your distributor is in your country, call them and explain your frustration and see if they can help.
George Kaye
Kaye's Music Scene
(Retired 2021)

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online