SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4
Topic Options
#125375 - 07/06/06 04:03 PM Re: Softsynth question: Forte, LS Pro, SGM128. Now what?
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi Starkeeper,
yes it's in Forte.

best wishes
Rikki

Quote:
Originally posted by Starkeeper:
Thanks Rikki,
Will give that a try and let you know on Monday. I assume Options, preferences, audio options are in Forte.
Starkeeper

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#125376 - 07/06/06 04:37 PM Re: Softsynth question: Forte, LS Pro, SGM128. Now what?
rikkisbears Offline

Hi Frank,
haven't worked out how to run it on one processor, but I'm down to 2.9 ms by adding my old usb audiophile sound card.

I bought it a couple of years back for my original Dell laptop, problem was, I was I couldn't get below 5.8ms with it, wheras with ASIO4All & the internal card, I could get down to 1.4 ms. So I just put it away.

Thanks to Fran & his post on MAudio controllers, I discovered that they brought out a new driver last month for the Audiophile soundcard, so I got it back out & tried it with my new Dell.
2.9 ms ( asio)without a glitch using forte/livesynth pro/ soundfonts
5.8 ms using wdm drivers.

I'll have to dump asio4all on the new dell laptop, as the best I could get was 11 ms.

I have a feeling that high definition audio soundcard & the Creative Soundfont software installed in my new Dell, could be the culprit for the latency problems using asio4all?
As soon as I plugin the Audiophile usb soundcard, the Creative Soundfont player gets switched off, & I can't load a soundfont, as soon as I unplug, it goes back to normal & the onboard soundfonts get loaded.

It's great, I can use either setup, when I need to be totally portable, I just use the creative soundfont player, when I connect to the piano, I'll use the audiophile soundcard.

Trident, sounds like you were correct that my new dell shouldn't be slower than my old dell.

best wishes
Rikki

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Frank L. Rosenthal:
[B]Rikki, it might be worth a try to operate your new laptop with just one processor.

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#125377 - 07/06/06 06:27 PM Re: Softsynth question: Forte, LS Pro, SGM128. Now what?
Frank L. Rosenthal Offline

Rikki, it seems to me that some of the old software is not suited for dual CPUs and hence the latency problem with ASIO4All on your new laptop. I am even surprised forte did not complain about your dual CPU....that's good news.

#125378 - 07/06/06 06:48 PM Re: Softsynth question: Forte, LS Pro, SGM128. Now what?
rikkisbears Offline

Hi Frank,
I haven't struck any problems yet, but it's still early days. So far just using it with LiveSynthPro & soundfonts & omb, it appears to be ok. Maybe a more complex setup , could have problems.
OMB did crash a couple of times. I then disabled all the midi ins except for maple1 in Forte,& then it appeared to work ok.

Be just my luck, I get the latency issue solved, & I'll end up with software issues. haa haa

best wishes
Rikki
Quote:
Originally posted by Frank L. Rosenthal:
I am even surprised forte did not complain about your dual CPU....that's good news.[/B]

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online