SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#125141 - 01/11/02 07:43 PM Namm ...Technics + GEM info
DanO1 Offline

Loc: Maryland
Hello to all,
I talked to a friend at Technics today . Nothing new from Technics at NAMM show .
I heard that General Music will not be able to show new GENESYS at NAMM either .
Checking on Roland ! dano

#125142 - 01/11/02 08:03 PM Re: Namm ...Technics + GEM info
Dnj Offline

Dan,

keep the info coming!!!!

#125143 - 01/11/02 08:49 PM Re: Namm ...Technics + GEM info
Clif Anderson Offline

Sounds like this NAMM is DOA.

#125144 - 01/11/02 10:27 PM Re: Namm ...Technics + GEM info
Nimrod Offline

Yes, dead on arrival clif!. "Arranger - unrelated", there will be a new Triton though (so I heard)It will have acces to a External CD Writer, and will come with a Hard drive as standard. 48 MB Rom (instead of 32),and 7 expansion slots (instead of 2). More programs/Combis as well so I read. These are only rumours as such, but a lot of detail has been given about the Triton Studio II - and it will be a "Champagne" colour! (will they be opening the drink variety though, when korg lists its prices )

a Korg Sp500 will be on show (Digital Piano). Looks nice too

NR

#125145 - 01/12/02 05:11 AM Re: Namm ...Technics + GEM info
DanO1 Offline

Loc: Maryland
The new Korg will be called a Powerstation .
Boy, "48 megs of rom" ? SD1 is already there !
Have a hard drive ? Oh yea ....Sd1 is already there .........dano

#125146 - 01/12/02 06:47 AM Re: Namm ...Technics + GEM info
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
SDano1 is baaaaaaack !

#125147 - 01/12/02 07:54 AM Re: Namm ...Technics + GEM info
Clif Anderson Offline

I guess some people are looking forward to a cheaper Triton (LE). The Power Station does not seem much of an advance for a system that has been out for several years, although I will assume that it will be expandable to at least 80MB. If it had a Karma option, then it would perk my interest.

Consensus is that the Karma is not an arranger, but I use mine pretty much as one. I expect a software Karma for the Mac to show at NAMM. This might allow Karma functionality to be added to any keyboard, and quasi-arranger functionality to be added to non-arranger keyboards, e.g., the Motif.

But what I really want is a lightweight arranger with 76 keys, real-time continuous style control (e.g., of swing factor), vocal harmony, Akai-sample compatiblity, and lots of sample ROM. Not this year, I guess.

#125148 - 01/12/02 08:08 AM Re: Namm ...Technics + GEM info
vic83 Offline

Loc: Florida
Quote:
Originally posted by Nimrod:
Yes, dead on arrival clif!. "Arranger - unrelated", there will be a new Triton though (so I heard)It will have acces to a External CD Writer, and will come with a Hard drive as standard. 48 MB Rom (instead of 32),and 7 expansion slots (instead of 2). More programs/Combis as well so I read. These are only rumours as such, but a lot of detail has been given about the Triton Studio II - and it will be a "Champagne" colour! (will they be opening the drink variety though, when korg lists its prices )

a Korg Sp500 will be on show (Digital Piano). Looks nice too

NR

is it called Triton studio or powerstation?

I heard it's a pro x triton (88keys) and will replace the current prox

#125149 - 01/12/02 08:19 AM Re: Namm ...Technics + GEM info
vic83 Offline

Loc: Florida
hey clif,
I haven't checked teh karma group for while.any news from stephen on version 2 for the karma?

#125150 - 01/12/02 06:40 PM Re: Namm ...Technics + GEM info
Clif Anderson Offline

Vic,

Stephen Kay has said there will never be a rack-mount Karma. There has been no hint of any new Karma hardware, although SK was receptive ideas of a Karma arranger and a Karma tabletop (like Emu-XL-7). My reading is that SK is focussing on software for the Mac, of which three versions have been discussed. I expect some software to show up this NAMM. A lot of people have been asking about a PC version of the Karma software, but I think SK is not that interested in that project, so the PC version may be far off in the future. We will know more next week of course.

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online