Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#125052 - 06/19/05 08:24 AM Re: How To Record Your Music
GlennT Offline

Loc: Medina, OH, USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Scottyee:
I've owned PG Music's Power Tracks Pro Audio for sometime now (including earlier versions)& it's primary function has always been for recording-editing digital audio. With version 10, the audio-midi recording editing functions are now even further enhanced. New audio features include ASIO support, audio time stretching & pitch change, auto midi to audio conversion, & new DXI plug-ins. Though I also own & use Sonar 4, Power Tracks Pro Audio at $49 (imho) remains the BEST 'bang for the buck' Audio-Midi Sequencer out there. The main reason I still like Sonar 4 best is that it INCLUDES an 'instrument definition file' for all my keyboards, including the Yamaha Tyros. This means convenient plug & play midi recording access to ALL of the Tyros' sounds, not just the GM/GS & XG patches.

Scott, you're absolutely right on you PT opinion (IMO ). As for as tne instrument definition issue, it IS possible with PT... although possible not as readily structured as in Sonar. I think instructions are located in PG Music's FAQ on their website.

My question was primarily to find out how many are content with recording directly from their AK without bothering to then EQ, compress, etc., before burning the CD.

Glenn

#125053 - 06/19/05 08:46 AM Re: How To Record Your Music
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Quote:
Originally posted by GlennT:
As for as tne instrument definition issue, it IS possible with PT... although possible not as readily structured as in Sonar. I think instructions are located in PG Music's FAQ on their website.

Right you are. Here's the link : http://www.pgmusic.com/tutorial_ptwpatchmap.htm

I appreciate not having to go thru all this with Sonar 4.

Scott

#125054 - 06/19/05 12:11 PM Re: How To Record Your Music
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
My version of Power Tracks Pro 3.5 is like me--OLD, and came with Band In A Box 7.0. Acid Pro 4.0 does a great job and that's what I'm currently using. Within the next day or two, I hope to update my website with all new recordings, at which time I post the link for feedback from the good folks here.

Cheers,

Gary

------------------
Travlin' Easy

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#125055 - 06/20/05 06:20 PM Re: How To Record Your Music
GlennT Offline

Loc: Medina, OH, USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Scottyee:
The main reason I still like Sonar 4 best is that it INCLUDES an 'instrument definition file' for all my keyboards, including the Yamaha Tyros. This means convenient plug & play midi recording access to ALL of the Tyros' sounds, not just the GM/GS & XG patches.Scott

PG Music provides several keyboard/PowerTracks patch maps, including one for the Tyros:
http://www.pgmusic.com/support_miscellaneous.htm

Glenn

#125056 - 06/20/05 10:47 PM Re: How To Record Your Music
Scottyee Offline

Glenn, Wow, cool! I hadn't realized there's a 'Power Tracks Pro Audio' custom instrument patch map file available for the Yamaha Tyros. MANY thanks for providing the link. This terrific revelation, PT's ability to add vocal harmonies easily, as well as new version 10 features (including ASIO Support) make PT-10 imo, more than 'well worth' the modest $29 upgrade price. I'm definitely upgrading right away. - Scott

#125057 - 06/20/05 11:43 PM Re: How To Record Your Music
Scottyee Offline

PS: Glenn's above link also includes a Tyros 'instrument definition' file for "Band in the Box" as well. Just installed and it's wonderful to now have access (from both Band in A Box & PowerTracks) to ALL of the Tyros' terrific internal instrument voices now, and not just the GM ones. MANY thanks to Lanny Rosicky for both his work and generousity in sharing these files with the Yamaha Tyros arranger keyboard user community. - Scott

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online