SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#124715 - 04/03/02 02:48 PM VA7 version 2 -Major Software Upgrade-
Maximo Offline

Loc: San Francisco, CA
Hi,
I got this information from the Roland UK website, hope someone will find it useful.

VA-7 Version 2 Software Upgrade

A major software upgrade has been developed for the VA-7 Virtual Arranger Keyboard to incorporate the latest developments in the world of Roland digital instruments and in response to the feedback and suggestions made by existing VA-7 owners.

Of the many changes the most significant areas are as follows:

Variphrase is now available in both right AND left hand. This means that vocal backings and instrumental phrases (or licks) can now form part of any style. This now gives a huge boost to the unique Variphrase capabilities, which can now be enjoyed by all users.

The new 'Music Assistant' with over 700 user registrations at the touch of a screen allows players to instantly call up settings for all the most popular songs they might want to play.

And there's so much more, including new screen layouts to enable easier access to those all important split and layer functions, in depth FC-7 foot controller editing to enhance performance capabilities, import of .txt files from PC for lyrics, Variphrase can now be added to SMF files, and a new Autoload function for Variphrase and User programs.

The upgrade is free to all existing VA-7 owners and all new VA-7 keyboards are now shipped with Version 2 already installed.

For more information please call Roland (UK) Ltd on 01792 515003

#124716 - 04/03/02 03:10 PM Re: VA7 version 2 -Major Software Upgrade-
George Kaye Offline

Loc: Reseda, California USA
Maximo,
I have reported on this last October. All my VA7's are being sold with version 2 software and zip disk and my older customers have been upgraded as well. The only difference here in the US is that Roland is charging $50.00 for the upgrade which includes a new zip disk, two disks and a new owners manual. Basically, the new version 2 software offers all the new features found in the VA76 except for the 2 programable pads.
George Kaye
Kaye's Music Scene
Reseda, California
(Retired 2021)

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online