SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#124687 - 08/02/07 11:57 AM Re: Yamaha D-Deck
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
Hi Diki
Have a look at the Silverbird form Bohm, http://www.bohm-organs.co.uk (You only need to purchase the top) because as far as I am aware there is no other keyboard that offers so many variations, it also has a good Midi control set X 3, all of which can be easily combined. (If you talk to them nicely and flash the plastic, they may even build you a custom job)
BTW Bohm instruments are hardware updatable.

Bill

#124688 - 08/03/07 08:44 AM Re: Yamaha D-Deck
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
$12K for two 76 hammer actions.... Hmmmm, let me think about that one for a picosecond.

Nice practical suggestion, abacus (or do you think I'm Bill Gates in disguise?)...

I just want a controller... In effect, A80 on the bottom, A70 (the G70 keybed) on the top, ALL the controls on the top. You can buy a pretty decent Fatar 88 for under $500. Same with a 76. I would HAPPILY pay $1k or thereabouts for a system that locked the two together at organ distances.

But 12k...? Get real

#124689 - 08/03/07 10:55 AM Re: Yamaha D-Deck
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
Hi Diki
Hadn’t checked prices, but if what you say is correct, then that is unbelievably cheap for an organ of that spec, there is certainly no other organ manufacture in world that gives you that spec for so little money. (If your into organs its definitely one to put on the list)
Apart from an actual organ I don’t know of any keyboards that fit together close, and if they were made then the price would still be high due to the low volume of production. (The re- tooling required to make the new cases would be very expensive)
BTW in the 80s and 90s in the UK, some artists took there keyboards apart and built there own custom versions to suit, (In the UK if something isn’t available we have a habit of modifying or building our own) so you could always try the same yourself, and who knows it might even catch on.
Enjoy whatever you play

Bill

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online