SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#124602 - 03/01/01 10:16 AM Digital Performer
demitch Offline

Hi...Is anyone here familiar with the audio software program Digital Performer?

------------------

Thanx,
demitch

#124603 - 03/01/01 10:38 AM Re: Digital Performer
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Yes,

GREAT midi/digital audio recording program but only available on the Mac platform. I switched from Mac to PC about a year ago so am not familiar with the current version of Digital Performer. Was there a specific question you had? My personal favorite midi/digital audio recording programs are Logic Audio (Emagic) and Cakewalk Pro Audio, soon to be called Sonar (Cakewalk).

Scott

#124604 - 03/01/01 11:17 AM Re: Digital Performer
demitch Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Scottyee:
Yes,

GREAT midi/digital audio recording program but only available on the Mac platform. I switched from Mac to PC about a year ago so am not familiar with the current version of Digital Performer. Was there a specific question you had? My personal favorite midi/digital audio recording programs are Logic Audio (Emagic) and Cakewalk Pro Audio, soon to be called Sonar (Cakewalk).

Scott

Yes..Scott, could you give me a brief synopsis of the primary features and capabilities of this particular piece of software. From what I hear you can actually record CD audio and perform edits on it, as you would MIDI, through your sequencer. ( I think I said that right....I'm still kind of new to this! )

------------------

Thanx,
demitch

#124605 - 03/01/01 11:35 AM Re: Digital Performer
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Demitch,

I assume from your continued interest in Digital Performer that you are a Mac user, right?

All the top brands of multi-track digital audio/midi sequencers (including the ones I mentioned) have the capability of recording both multitrack digital audio & midi alongside and recording directly to CD audio. BTW, if you only need to record digital audio (no midi) there are a number of digital audio recording programs (without midi) which are available as well. Here is a link to Harmony Central's list of Mac music software: http://www.harmony-central.com/Software/Mac/

For more info on Mark of the Unicorn's Digital Performer, go to their website at: http://www.motu.com/

Good luck,

Scott

[This message has been edited by Scottyee (edited 03-01-2001).]

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online