SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#124410 - 02/28/04 10:02 AM Re: As Confucious said, four songs are better than four million words...
Route 66 Offline

Loc: Braganca, Portugal
Andrea,

I finally found the time to listen to your new recordings (I'm still with problems downloading the last two). You play these bossas with a lot of "finesse", and your simple left hand /auto accompaniement really sounds nice for this music style. What kind of electric piano are you using in your left hand comping? Looking back to your early recordings, your playing style really became more mature, with tastefull impros along well done left hand comping. Bravissimo!...

-- José.

#124411 - 02/28/04 10:49 AM Re: As Confucious said, four songs are better than four million words...
Dreamer Offline

Loc: Rome - Italy
Josè,
I am glad that you were able to listen to these songs, because I know that you too love this kind of music.
Re. the Rhodes sound, well it depends: on Corcovado and Ipanema is the PhasedEP; on other songs is the SuitcaseEP, the Jazz Chorus or the ModernEP: these are, more or less, my favorite ones.

#124412 - 02/28/04 01:17 PM Re: As Confucious said, four songs are better than four million words...
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Dreamer:
Tony, this is the first time that you honor me listening to my music; many thanks to you and also to your new computer.

http://andrearotolo.tripod.com/dreamer/id1.html

Andrea ...... Unfortunately, my old PC did not have the capacity for me to listen to mp3s ..... I'm now having a great time listening to ALL the great players/singers on this forum ..... perhaps before too long I will master the technique of creating my own mp3s (and have the courage to submit them), if someone would afford me the opportunity of putting them up on a site for others to hear and (dare I say) critique .......
t.

#124413 - 02/28/04 02:00 PM Re: As Confucious said, four songs are better than four million words...
ChicoBrasil Offline

Loc: Belo Horizonte,Minas Gerais,Br...
Oi Andrea.

Sorry for the delayed reply.
As you know, I had some problems this week and just today I could download and listen your new performances.
Great job, with a brasilian performar taste.

Chico

#124414 - 02/28/04 02:10 PM Re: As Confucious said, four songs are better than four million words...
Dreamer Offline

Loc: Rome - Italy
Chico,
I really appreciate your words and value them a lot, as usual.

#124415 - 02/28/04 02:12 PM Re: As Confucious said, four songs are better than four million words...
Dnj Offline

Andrea.....Just listened to your fantastic new tunes....as I was listening I reclined in my throne and closed my eyes I was transported to a beautiful place like San Tropez....sipping an Ice Cold Marguarita!! Well done!, the bongos panned right gives a nice feel...
I would suggest a bit more volume on the electric piano during the other great instrument solos....Bravo!

Thanx so much my Italian Paisan !!

Ciao

------------------
www.donnypesce.com

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 02-28-2004).]

#124416 - 02/28/04 05:24 PM Re: As Confucious said, four songs are better than four million words...
trtjazz Offline

Andrea,
These new / old songs postings are absolutely fantastic in all ways. Execution recording everything is perfect.
Terry

------------------
jam on,
Terry http://imjazzed.homestead.com/Index.html

#124417 - 02/28/04 05:58 PM Re: As Confucious said, four songs are better than four million words...
Walt Meyer Offline

Loc: Silver City, NM USA
Andrea,
I just finished listening (and saving) all of your songs. Listening to your Sambas has given me the challenge to try to do as well.
(At least it's a goal).
Your photography is equally good. I like your composition - makes all the difference in the world. It distinguishes whether you simply have a picture, or a picture worth looking at. Yours are certainly worth looking at!
The very best to you,
Walt

#124418 - 02/28/04 07:20 PM Re: As Confucious said, four songs are better than four million words...
RichUK Offline

Loc: England
Beautiful, Andrea. Thank you for sharing your wonderful recordings.

All the best,
Rich

#124419 - 02/28/04 07:56 PM Re: As Confucious said, four songs are better than four million words...
shboom Offline

Loc: Victoria, British Columbia
Andrea
I'm a man of few words....so..
WOW! ...L

[This message has been edited by shboom (edited 02-28-2004).]

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online