SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#124400 - 02/27/04 02:11 PM Re: As Confucious said, four songs are better than four million words...
trtjazz Offline

Andrea
I too prefer not too many instruments in a mix. What I do if it's any value, is just leave them out rather than mute them far back in the mix, meaning think trio instead of a larger band.
Terry

------------------
jam on,
Terry http://imjazzed.homestead.com/Index.html

#124401 - 02/27/04 06:43 PM Re: As Confucious said, four songs are better than four million words...
ChicoBrasil Offline

Loc: Belo Horizonte,Minas Gerais,Br...
Andrea

I Must agree with Terry.
I like B. Nova with clean arrangements and few instruments. Great orchestras and large bands tryed to make great arrang. with the Jobim's themes without success. The Jobim's trade mark was always the simplicity. No miraculous arpeggios, a lot of strings, etc;just few notes placed in right places in right times, nothing more.

Chico

#124402 - 02/27/04 11:14 PM Re: As Confucious said, four songs are better than four million words...
Dreamer Offline

Loc: Rome - Italy
Dear friends, I have listened again to these songs and I think that maybe I could lower the solo track a tad, but not too much. Since I am not satisfied with many of the stock bossa nova styles that ALL the arranger keyboards have, I have tried a different approach: lower or even mute some of the rhytm tracks and use the multipads (percussions) instead. I am satisfied with this approach and will post more songs along these lines in the future.
I am glad that what I am doing is stimulating a discussion among us.

#124403 - 02/28/04 04:55 AM Re: As Confucious said, four songs are better than four million words...
SD_FAN Offline

Loc: São Paulo, SP / Brazil
Hi Andrea.

With many or few instruments in a style, it´s always very nice to hear your renditions.

Congratulations, my friend.
Armando

#124404 - 02/28/04 07:05 AM Re: As Confucious said, four songs are better than four million words...
Dreamer Offline

Thank you, Armando. It's good to hear from you.

#124405 - 02/28/04 07:10 AM Re: As Confucious said, four songs are better than four million words...
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
I have to disagree with the others here who think the lead volume is too loud. To my ears, and thru my computer's sound system (Cambridge SoundWorks) the lead mix sounds 'right on' the way it is. The lead instrument should'nt imo be buried (lost) in the mix. I also feel that the number of instruments used sounds fine.

Andrea (Dreamer), I'm really interested in finding out 'which' specific Tyros multipads were used and 'where' they were used on given songs.

Ok you guys, if you like the songs posted on Andrea's website now, wait till you hear his latest new renditions of: Wave, Girl From Ipanema, and So Nice (Samba de Verao). I think with these, he reaches new heights, particularly in the sense that the melodies have added improvisational spark with an even more 'freer' natural feel than ever. Bravo.

And 'don't forget' to checkout Andrea's cool sounding left hand played 'rootless' chord voicings, most evident on: Girl From Ipanema & Wave. This can only be achieved with an arranger keyboard that recognizes rootless jazz chords (Yamaha Tyros/PSRs, Ketron SD1, and Technics only) . Ok Andrea, when are you going to post these latest (and greatest) songs? - Scott

#124406 - 02/28/04 07:15 AM Re: As Confucious said, four songs are better than four million words...
sk880user Offline

Loc: United States
Dreamer,

I really enjoyed your music. It reminded me of Fausto Pappeti. I wonder if he still alive.

I liked "The shadow of your smile" the best.

#124407 - 02/28/04 07:37 AM Re: As Confucious said, four songs are better than four million words...
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Andrea..... Your music is beautiful, and I also thought the mix was fine through my Creative Sound Blaster Audigy 2, and the DELL 5.1 speakers .....
Where are the new tunes Scott mentioned?
t.

#124408 - 02/28/04 08:13 AM Re: As Confucious said, four songs are better than four million words...
trtjazz Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Dreamer:
Dear friends, I have listened again to these songs and I think that maybe I could lower the solo track a tad, but not too much. Since I am not satisfied with many of the stock bossa nova styles that ALL the arranger keyboards have, I have tried a different approach: lower or even mute some of the rhytm tracks and use the multipads (percussions) instead. I am satisfied with this approach and will post more songs along these lines in the future.
I am glad that what I am doing is stimulating a discussion among us.

Andrea,
That's all that really matters, that you're satisfied with it. Which on my work causes a great deal of heated debate here.
Terry

------------------
jam on,
Terry http://imjazzed.homestead.com/Index.html

#124409 - 02/28/04 09:22 AM Re: As Confucious said, four songs are better than four million words...
Dreamer Offline

SK880 user, thank you for your kind words; I really appreciate them, especially because you haven't been posting too much lately and ... I am sorry to inform you that Fausto Papetti died a few years ago. I didn't specifically listen to his records, but I agree that he could have been a subconscious influence, since his music was very popular in Italy in the past years and still is.

Tony, this is the first time that you honor me listening to my music; many thanks to you and also to your new computer.

Now, following Scott's advice, I have decided to upload to my site not three but FIVE new-old songs, meaning that they are new recordings of songs I had already recorded some time ago, with the 9000 pro or even the Roland VA7. This time I have decided to record them again with the Tyros, to illustrate my use of multipads associated with latin styles, especially Bossa Nova.
So, the new songs are:
- Desafinado
- Garota de Ipanema/Girl of Ipanema
- Samba de uma nota sò/One note samba
- Samba de Verão/So nice
- Wave

All these songs were recorded live (no overdubbings) on the Tyros, using the "Pop Bossa 2 style" (my favorite), associated with the "Rumba 8 beat" multipad. I usually start with the multipad # 2 or 3 and then add the others during the song, but don't advice to use more than three multipads together, because this can cause a sound cluttering. Other multipads that seem to work well with these styles are the "Conga & Bongo 1" and the "Shaker & Tambourine", but I am sure that there are many others as well, and this means that every Tyros owner can (and should) experiment a bit.
Okay, that was all; I hope that you like the results and... thank you for listening.
http://andrearotolo.tripod.com/dreamer/id1.html

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online