SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#124288 - 07/11/05 10:27 AM Re: GW-7 Styles
Artaher Offline

Loc: Madrid, Spain
If I am right (I am member of PSR TUTORIAL FORUM from years), this is a site for Yamaha arranger keyboards.

You may get there a lot of styles, but for Yamaha arrangers and in Yamaha format.
Yes, you are right, there is a page for G-70, as there are pages for Kn-7000, SD-1, Roland G-1000 and others arrangers from different manufacturers. But these pages have its styles converted for Yamaha.

If there are a new page for Roland G-70 styles in Roland format, it will be the first new. But I don't think so, and I can't find this page.

#124289 - 07/11/05 08:29 PM Re: GW-7 Styles
andym Offline

Hello Artaher,

Thank you so very much for the links on Roland styles. I have already downloaded several styles that I like very much. From what I can see there's a rich treasure trove of styles available on the Internet. Thanks again for response

andym

#124290 - 07/12/05 10:26 AM Re: GW-7 Styles
STAM Offline

Loc: Brussels, BELGIUM
George,
How do you find the GW7 in comparison with the Casio WK3500 or 3700?
Thanks
Stam

#124291 - 07/12/05 10:52 AM Re: GW-7 Styles
squeak_D Offline

Loc: West Virginia
Good question Stam. Personally the only (main) thing I see that it has over the WK is the 16 tracks for recording. Again the sequencer on the GW has also been in question as well.

Andym, could you go more in depth for us on the sequencer on the GW-7. I remember reading the manual some time ago and not seeing anything for basic editing for the tracks after the recording process such as level, pan, ect....

Squeak
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

#124292 - 07/12/05 11:41 AM Re: GW-7 Styles
ocomain Offline

In perusing the manual, it looks like you can record a new song 2 ways...record the keyboard performance and the backing tracks all at the same time, or just record the keyboard performance by itself. When adding additional material to an existing song, you can record one track at a time, or re-record a specific region of a track (punch-in\out). You can edit Performance Functions, Fx and Tones...but sadly, there are NO onboard editing functions for sequenced Songs!

Too bad...

Michael

#124293 - 07/12/05 12:41 PM Re: GW-7 Styles
squeak_D Offline

Loc: West Virginia
I just don't understand how Roland could drop the ball on something as simple as basic editing for the sequencer. Seriously how much more would that have cost them to add those simple features for recording. For the same price you could get a Roland RS-70, that has a very simple, and logical sequencer with (a floppy drive), voice editing, ect.

Squeak
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

#124294 - 07/12/05 10:34 PM Re: GW-7 Styles
andym Offline

Hello Squeak_D

Ocomain pretty much said it all in his post about the sequencer capabilities on the GW-7. However, you can do editing functions if you have a computer with suitable software like the ones available from the Cakewalk people. But some of their software is expensive. There may be other less expensive software, but I have not looked for it.

When you record a song on the GW-7 it produces a MIDI file: *.mid. You can then upload that file to your computer and open it in your Cakewalk software. After completing all your editing functions: and, after having saved the file, you can then rename the file to another MIDI file. You then download that file to your GW-7 as another user file. As an additional side benefit you can edit the individual style tracks.

andy

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online