SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#124224 - 10/04/01 02:33 PM Peddle Board Control
Nobby Offline

Loc: Palmyra Mo. U.S.A.
Hi Everyone,
Ketron/Solton has a peddle board, that can programed to change the chords of the automatic rythmns on a KB with your foot.
I saw a picture of an old Yamaha PC-55 KB being controled by a man, with a peddle board, with his foot! He was playing the auto rythmns, & playing a Pan Flute.
My Question???
Does anyone know if there any other arranger KB that this will work with?
All the best,
Nobby

------------------

#124225 - 10/05/01 06:28 AM Re: Peddle Board Control
Vic01 Offline

Loc: Madison, Wisconsin USA
Hi Nobby. I'm not sure I'm understanding your question but I know General Music makes a pedal for their arranger keybaords that you can program to trigger fills and go to and from different varitions etc. I think its around $200. I'm pretty sure these pedals aren't usable with other brand keybaords. There are midi pedal boards that can send midi messages to control note on note off as well as common channel messages for fills and variations. Your keyboard would have to be able to respond to such messages though.

#124226 - 10/05/01 08:25 AM Re: Peddle Board Control
Paul Ip Offline

Loc: Austin, Texas, U.S.A.
Nobby,

There are two pedal boards from Ketron that are totally different that may do what you are talking about:

1. EFFECTS PEDAL MOD. FS13
This allows you to switch to different variations of arrangements, fill-ins, intros, and endings etc. It does not allow you to change chords though.

2. MIDI PEDALBOARD 13 NOTES MOD. K8
This is a "13-key large keyboard for your left/right foot" that acts as the lower range of keys of your keyboard if you connect it to your Ketron keyboard's MIDI A in.

I own no.1 and it does its jobs nicely with my X1. Yamaha MFC-10 MIDI pedal is even better and it provides far more flexibility and configurability and works flawlessly with PSR9000/9000 Pro using preset templates.

I do not own no. 2 but I own Roland PK-5 dynamic MIDI pedal, which I think is even more flexible. Using the multi-mode of the PK-5, multiple notes can be depressed at the same time. If you use easy finger chord mode (e.g. C means C Major, C and E flat means C Minor) this will be good enough to change chords for your arrangements, freeing your left hand for something else.

I hope this gives you a better picture.

Thanks,

Paul Ip
from Texas

#124227 - 10/05/01 12:55 PM Re: Peddle Board Control
Nobby Offline

Loc: Palmyra Mo. U.S.A.
Hi Vic & Paul,
Some time back I saw this man playing the rythmns of a Ketron/Solton MS100 & changing the chords with his foot. He was setting in a chair playing an alto sax at the same time.
The peddle board was an octive or more. Laid out like a small organ foot bass.
The reason I was asking I like to play lead guitar and it would be great if I could play the auto rythmns along with it.
Thank You guys for your help!
All the best,
Nobby

------------------

#124228 - 10/05/01 01:22 PM Re: Peddle Board Control
flowerssupply Offline

Loc: Ireland
I use both boards 1 13 switch board with multi function assign. Stop drum etc Great.
2 13 note board for changing chords. I play arranger but occasionally use feet for a piano thing on second KeyboardIe Piaon also I play guitar lead and some irish jigs etc. Great option. Many people use this no2 type for guitars for many years now and they are especially usefull now as arrangers are so good. It is hard to play lead and I need alot of practice. I love both solton pedals however no2 gave problems at solder of triggers for notes -- simple job to rectify and I resoldered all triggers prob was that the solder broke and large L shaped pin slpis and causes constant contact. Pierce

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online