SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#124202 - 07/06/06 12:37 PM Re: Anyone Have the New Roland E80/60/50 Yet?
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:
Thanx Don for the candid hands on G70 review.....
Btw, I forgot ...Did you say it was
Too Heavy?

The BAG for it is heavier than my T2!
DonM

#124203 - 07/06/06 12:49 PM Re: Anyone Have the New Roland E80/60/50 Yet?
weissefar Offline

Sorry DonM, but you got one thing wrong: the G-70 indeed has a break button.

[The OS2 features a break mute function for the ASSIGN SW buttons. The function can be accessed via the ASSIGN SW button you assign it to. When you press that button, Arranger playback is muted for the remainder of the current measure. This feature is known from older Roland arranger models and has been requested by the Roland G-70 User Club Denmark members.]
http://www.selskabsmusikeren.dk/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=253&Itemid=28

User Club moderator Diki Cox had via the user club forum put up a request for a "break/mute function on the footswitch and FC7. When Roland release the OS2.02 they implemented this feature too.

So as you see the G-70 certainly has a break button

NB. About the weight: open the cabinet and remove the bricks mounted inside =

#124204 - 07/06/06 03:10 PM Re: Anyone Have the New Roland E80/60/50 Yet?
weissefar Offline

#124205 - 07/06/06 09:29 PM Re: Anyone Have the New Roland E80/60/50 Yet?
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Quote:
Originally posted by weissefar:
Sorry DonM, but you got one thing wrong: the G-70 indeed has a break button.

[The OS2 features a break mute function for the ASSIGN SW buttons. The function can be accessed via the ASSIGN SW button you assign it to. When you press that button, Arranger playback is muted for the remainder of the current measure. This feature is known from older Roland arranger models and has been requested by the Roland G-70 User Club Denmark members.]
http://www.selskabsmusikeren.dk/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=253&Itemid=28

User Club moderator Diki Cox had via the user club forum put up a request for a "break/mute function on the footswitch and FC7. When Roland release the OS2.02 they implemented this feature too.

So as you see the G-70 certainly has a break button

NB. About the weight: open the cabinet and remove the bricks mounted inside =

Good. I didn't spend that much time with it. I'm sure there are many features I didn't get to. Thanks for the info.
DonM

#124206 - 07/07/06 08:31 AM Re: Anyone Have the New Roland E80/60/50 Yet?
Starkeeper Offline

Loc: Toronto
Just read that new review:
1) He talks about fret noises when changing chords, also plays strums like a real guitar. we're talking SA voices.
2) The guitar mode sounds really interesting. Not quite sure by his description how you would actually strum up, down or up & down. Unless you use the Don Mason method. that would be fine with me.
3) He said that Roland didn't put a whole bunch of useless voices, just to make the specs look impressive, but concentrated on fewer excellent voices. This is good news. I remember a demo of an EM55 with 3000 or so sounds. Most were near duplicates or unuseable. This is a step in the right direction, IMO. How would a person select from 3000 voices anyways?
Starkeeper

[This message has been edited by Starkeeper (edited 07-07-2006).]

#124207 - 07/07/06 09:06 AM Re: Anyone Have the New Roland E80/60/50 Yet?
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
Hello Starkeeper
The Roland Guitar mode is similar, (Although less sophisticated) to Real Guitar by Music Labs, http://www.musiclab.com/products/realgtr_info.htm and is totally different to SA voices, which although good, do not compare to either the Roland Guitar mode or Real Guitar.
Hope this helps.

Bill

#124208 - 07/07/06 09:32 AM Re: Anyone Have the New Roland E80/60/50 Yet?
weissefar Offline

Hi Starkeeper,

You seem interested in knowing more about how the guitar mode works. Here is a detailed description of this fantastic feature:
http://www.selskabsmusikeren.dk/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=241&Itemid=28

IMHO this is definitely some of the most innovative initiative by Roland for years! However, I would have liked to see more of this kind of ideas coming out of their R&D dep. This is not a business in which you will succeed, if you rest on your laurels!

Best regards
Søren ;-)

#124209 - 07/07/06 11:37 AM Re: Anyone Have the New Roland E80/60/50 Yet?
Starkeeper Offline

Loc: Toronto
"Step 5:
Continue with "E", "F", "G" and "A" keys to sound the remaining guitar notes for the chord you specified.

To sum up: the six keys you have pressed so far are assigned to the virtual guitar strings. "

I only have 5 fingers in my right hand???

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online