SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#12420 - 11/25/00 07:32 PM Alesis and that cool software
Smitty Offline

Loc: Holtwood, PA. USA
Im talking about soundbridge, has anyone used it? Does it really deliver what it says?I dont believe it, 20 million people on the web, and I'm sure someone has typed in "synth" on their search engine and came this way and only a few Alesis fans out there?

------------------
Smitty

#12421 - 11/26/00 05:41 PM Re: Alesis and that cool software
KenDuesenberg Offline

Loc: Cedar Rapids, IA USA
I belong to a list devoted to Alesis and it has been very dead for a long time now, and so has this area.

However I think Alesis is a good product for the money ( I have a QS 6.1 ) and use sound bridge as well as other software to interface with the QS. That is one thing that I am still impressed with is that Alesis made their QSX.1 series very computer savy and it is loaded with outstanding features for interfacing with a computer and as a midi controller,etc..

Not long ago I bought a Roland XV-88 and have been very busy messing around with it. The Roland product is extreamly nice,keyboard action is fantastic, sounds are very good, but it does not feature the computer savy-ness or ability to store sequences on board etc, that my little Alesis QS has.

Otherwise I think the newer synth's out there have taken the spotlight away from the now "old" QS series machines.

#12422 - 11/26/00 08:28 PM Re: Alesis and that cool software
Smitty Offline

Loc: Holtwood, PA. USA
Yes, but I understand they have upgraded the QS series now and there are better sounds,so old probably isn't a good description. If you have an XV88, you might be in the manuals for quite awhile. It would probably take me a year until it felt like my right arm.

------------------
Smitty

#12423 - 11/27/00 07:18 PM Re: Alesis and that cool software
KenDuesenberg Offline

Loc: Cedar Rapids, IA USA
I had not heard that. Last time I asked an Alesis Rep - he told me there would be no more upgrades to the QS series.

Let me know if you find out different.

Thanks

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online