SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#124038 - 07/05/05 09:28 AM Re: I Had Enough...I put my G-70 on eBay!
cassp Offline

Loc: Motown
Quote:
Originally posted by VegaVagga:
By the way, can someone tell me the going price for an in stock G-70 in the USA?

I know that $3995 will get you one from most dealers. Personally, I was quoted $2995 if I bought it that day - the end of the month.

Good luck. Now you have me rethinking my options. My VR760 is fantastic and the PSR2000 is good enough for the arranger styles I need. Umh.....

#124039 - 07/05/05 09:35 AM Re: I Had Enough...I put my G-70 on eBay!
VegaVagga Offline

Loc: Miami, FL
Quote:
Originally posted by ironhill:
Hi Yega,
gladly I follow your request 'Explain three methods changing an instrument within the
accompaniment of Roland G-70'.
Method one:
Press button "MAKE UP TOOLS' one or two times till display shows the headline
' STYLE MAKE UP TOOLS'. The dark blue field shows the ACC track you are possible
to change. If more than one instrument is used in specific track, e.g. Violin for Intro and Clarinet for Ending, the track is shown one after the other. To select the next track
use the arrow at rigth down corner. It's not only possible to change an instrument. You can do much more. Please spare me to describe details. See Page 124 manual.
If, in your case, only bass and drums are possible to change, it seems to be an error
at your individual instrument. Don't forget save your work!
Method two:
This function within the "Style Composer" is described on manual page 187, see headline 'Sound/Drum Set Selection'. Any individual Acc track changing instrument you are capable of doing. Here too, don't forget save your work!
Method three:
The 'MICRO EDIT' allows you to change every event you need. This function is able to
include SRX instruments in your accompaniment. However, usage of it needs a minimum of arranger knowlegde. Manual page 197.
If you like to do all the things we speak about, with Yamaha, I wish you a lot of fun.
If you didn't read: I own a Tyros too. Of cource, sounds and styles of this instrument are okay.
Greetings,
Hanspeter

Thanks! I got the new sounds choices to stick. Thank you.

[This message has been edited by VegaVagga (edited 07-05-2005).]

#124040 - 07/06/05 01:32 AM Re: I Had Enough...I put my G-70 on eBay!
Harold Offline

Loc: Harrisville,Pa USA
What did you think of the Technics KN-7000 you just sold on E-bay???...Did you have to tweek the Sounds and Styles also?...I never had the option of trying one!

#124041 - 07/06/05 03:53 AM Re: I Had Enough...I put my G-70 on eBay!
VegaVagga Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Harold:
What did you think of the Technics KN-7000 you just sold on E-bay???...Did you have to tweek the Sounds and Styles also?...I never had the option of trying one!

It was great! I sold it for the G-70. I am now sorry I did!

#124042 - 07/10/05 04:30 PM Re: I Had Enough...I put my G-70 on eBay!
VegaVagga Offline

?If the G-70 is so hard to get and such a POPULAR instrument, why hasn't anyone bought it on the eBay auction?

I called around and dealers are selling them for $3,495 to $3,995, plus tax, and I've listed it at $3,250 with many valuable extras.

Could it be the G-70 is officially dead?

Here's the link to the auction: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7334742638

[This message has been edited by VegaVagga (edited 07-10-2005).]

#124043 - 07/10/05 05:58 PM Re: I Had Enough...I put my G-70 on eBay!
squeak_D Offline

Loc: West Virginia
I think Roland really took a shot in the dark here with this keyboard. I think their marketing decisions killed it before it even hit the market. Maybe it's me, but it seems they really rushed this one out, and didn't spend enought time to program the unit to sound good out of the box like you'd find with a Yamaha PSR-3000 or Tyros.

Squeak
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

#124044 - 07/10/05 06:23 PM Re: I Had Enough...I put my G-70 on eBay!
cassp Offline

Loc: Motown
I think that anyone who pays more than $3500 USD is paying too much for a new G-70. Dealers can advertise them at $3995 and go down from there.
Southland Music Center in Taylor, Michigan is giving very good deals. Last I checked, Bill Loos, the owner, was willing to sell his four G-70's below $3.5k to serious buyers.
www.SouthlandMusicCenter.com
734-287-4480

#124045 - 07/10/05 06:31 PM Re: I Had Enough...I put my G-70 on eBay!
G Angel Offline

Loc: Ooltewah, Tn.
Quote:
Originally posted by VegaVagga:
?If the G-70 is so hard to get and such a POPULAR instrument, why hasn't anyone bought it on the eBay auction?

I called around and dealers are selling them for $3,495 to $3,995, plus tax, and I've listed it at $3,250 with many valuable extras.

Could it be the G-70 is officially dead?

Here's the link to the auction: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7334742638

[This message has been edited by VegaVagga (edited 07-10-2005).]

Because so many here at SZ including you VegaVagga have put the keyboard down so much everyone is afraid of it now.
I have one and I get a thrill every time I set down to play it.
Keep in mind that most people on E Bay have never hurd of a G 70 becaues of Roland's marketing plan.
And the ones that are here on SZ that want one, already have one.
Than there are those that want one but are afraid to buy because of what they read here on SZ.
The G 70 is a great keyboard and trust me it is not dead.
But if you want to sell it start by not telling everyone what a dog you think it is that might help.
You may have yours for a good long while.
Don't get mad just answering your question.

#124046 - 07/10/05 09:44 PM Re: I Had Enough...I put my G-70 on eBay!
VegaVagga Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by G Angel:
Because so many here at SZ including you VegaVagga have put the keyboard down so much everyone is afraid of it now.
I have one and I get a thrill every time I set down to play it.
Keep in mind that most people on E Bay have never hurd of a G 70 becaues of Roland's marketing plan.
And the ones that are here on SZ that want one, already have one.
Than there are those that want one but are afraid to buy because of what they read here on SZ.
The G 70 is a great keyboard and trust me it is not dead.
But if you want to sell it start by not telling everyone what a dog you think it is that might help.
You may have yours for a good long while.
Don't get mad just answering your question.

Very fairly stated! I am certainly not mad. I am in no rush, so we'll just see what happens.

#124047 - 07/12/05 12:09 PM Re: I Had Enough...I put my G-70 on eBay!
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Perhaps, Vega, you could quote a price for just the G-70?

There may be many here who don't need/want/can't afford the accessories. You want it to move, you've got to price it less than a new one to cover any warranty hassles, and consensus here is it can be had for a bit under $3500 at most stores.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online