SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#123991 - 10/26/05 10:33 AM Re: Just talked to Tony Rome...
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
I am eager to help, but I'd be afraid to mail checks or anything else to Mexico until we hear from Tony. I understand it is total chaos down there.
DonM

#123992 - 10/26/05 02:04 PM Re: Just talked to Tony Rome...
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
I finally got through to Tony this afternoon and was relieved to hear his voice. His restaurant was a total loss. The roof caved in, the poles that held up the roof snapped off like match sticks and the concrete walls caved in. He was able to salvage some of the restaurant equipment, at least one freezer and a few other things, but overall, the place is gone.

Tony's home was spared, he has enough food and water to last about 4 to 5 more days, and the electrical power is still out and probably will be for quite some time. His home had some water damage, but he said it was not that bad.

He says he's going to rebuild the restaurant, and currently trying to dig up financing. The place was not insured, and he said the reason it was not was the cost of hurricane insurance there would equal the cost of the entire building with just a couple years of premiums. He estimates the cost of rebuilding at about $60,000 and says he's currently working on trying to obtain financing.

When I told him that we were all worried about him and wanted to send some cash in his direction to keep him afloat, he was very grateful. However, do not send checks directly to him because the way things are going he will never receive them. His bank is located in Dallas, Texas and when I talk with him tomorrow he will provide me with information for the transfer of funds directly to his account.

He said he really misses everyone here and hopes to be back on line in a couple weeks if the electricty is restored. I offered to fly down and help him with the clean-up and he said the airport just opened today, and while he really appreciated the offer, there is very little anyone can do at this point. Additionally, there would be no place to stay, no food, no water, no electricity, and he felt fortunate to have telephone service.

I'll update the post in the next few days.

Cheers,

Gary

------------------
Travlin' Easy

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#123993 - 10/26/05 02:18 PM Re: Just talked to Tony Rome...
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Gar, many thanks for keeping us all informed of Tony's currently situation. If you talk to him again soon, please let him know that my sister Kathy and her husband (who stopped in at his club to meet him only a couple of months ago) send their best. Gar, please keep us informed on how/when donations can be made to help Tony get back on his feet again. We all MISS ya Tony ! - Scott

#123994 - 10/26/05 02:54 PM Re: Just talked to Tony Rome...
Dnj Offline

Gary thanx for your efforts in contacting Tony and updating us his current state of affairs in Mexico which is very sad to hear....we all await his progress & even in some small way how we can help a fellow SZ Friend & Musician...

#123995 - 10/26/05 02:57 PM Re: Just talked to Tony Rome...
Dnj Offline

Gary thanx for your efforts in contacting Tony and updating us his current state of affairs in Mexico which is very sad to hear....we all await his progress & even in some small way how we can help a fellow SZ Friend & Musician...

#123996 - 10/26/05 04:53 PM Re: Just talked to Tony Rome...
captain Russ Online   content

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
That's GREAT NEWS, Gary. I've been trying all day to reach Tony. Evidently, there is a limited number of circuits.

I'll be looking forward to hearlin how we can get some help to him!

Russ

#123997 - 10/27/05 03:54 PM Re: Just talked to Tony Rome...
Sheriff Offline

Loc: Frankfurt, Hessen, Germany
Thanks for keeping us informed, Gary!
I feel so helpless from here where I live. Please, let me know if any cash transfer is possible and how it'll work!!!
Best regards, Danny

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online