SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#123981 - 10/25/05 02:49 AM Re: Just talked to Tony Rome...
to the genesys Offline

Tony,
Glad to hear that you and family are OK.

Our prayers are with you.

#123982 - 10/25/05 06:11 AM Re: Just talked to Tony Rome...
ChicoBrasil Offline

Loc: Belo Horizonte,Minas Gerais,Br...
Tony.

The best for you and your family.

Chico

#123983 - 10/25/05 07:15 AM Re: Just talked to Tony Rome...
captain Russ Offline

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
Nigel, I really want to do something for our friend and I'm sure others do also, besides you. Any ideas? Maby we can ask our friend Gary to be the "banker", since we all know and trust him and he was on his way to visit
Tony. Do you think that one card with all participants, but no individual amounts would be the way to go? Given and the extent of the damage, I'm not sure about bank openings, wire transfers or any of that.

Anybody got ideas?

It would be REALLY NICE if we could do something for our friend, together.

Russ

#123984 - 10/25/05 07:31 AM Re: Just talked to Tony Rome...
Sheriff Offline

Loc: Frankfurt, Hessen, Germany
Sorry to hear about the hurricane. I don't look TV and never hear radio since 3 years. We never had a hurricane or tornado here in Germany - only storms. It's very sad to hear that Cozumel was hit by a second hurricane within one month.

Luckily, Tony, your family survived. Once more you know how valuable life is. I hope to hear good news from Cozumel as soon as possible.

Let me know when you're having an account number for any contribution. I can't give much but that's more than nothing!!!

------------------
Greetings from Frankfurt (Germany),
Sheriff ;-)

#123985 - 10/25/05 08:16 AM Re: Just talked to Tony Rome...
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
I agree that we should get a fund together. Whether he rebuilds or not, there will be tough days ahead.
DonM

#123986 - 10/25/05 12:58 PM Re: Just talked to Tony Rome...
freddynl Offline

Loc: netherlands
Quote:
Originally posted by captain Russ:
Nigel, I really want to do something for our friend and I'm sure others do also, besides you. Any ideas? Maby we can ask our friend Gary to be the "banker", since we all know and trust him and he was on his way to visit
Tony. Do you think that one card with all participants, but no individual amounts would be the way to go? Given and the extent of the damage, I'm not sure about bank openings, wire transfers or any of that.

Anybody got ideas?

It would be REALLY NICE if we could do something for our friend, together.

Russ

Russ,
If I can remember well, I think Tony buys/sells sometimes on ebay, so he might have paypal.

Anyway paypal could be the fastest and easiest way.
We did that a couple of years ago with Uncle Dave as banker to buy a keaboard for someone who desparatedly needed one..
worked great.

Anyway let me hear, you can count me in..
Fred

#123987 - 10/25/05 01:29 PM Re: Just talked to Tony Rome...
shboom Offline

Loc: Victoria, British Columbia
If anyone can set something up (like paypal) for Tony, count me in.
Always willing to help out a friend in need.
Please keep us posted as to how & where we can contribute something towards our friend's needs.

------------------
...shboom

#123988 - 10/26/05 05:49 AM Re: Just talked to Tony Rome...
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
The phones must be out again in Cozumel. I've been calling Tony 3 to 5 times a day for the past 3 days and there has been no answer. As for sending money or transferring funds to Tony in Mexico, at this point nothing is operable on the island, and from what I just saw on Fox News the only area airport that is open to limited flights was Cancun. Cozumel was nearly flattened and very little news information is coming from the island.

When I reach Tony, I will make your wishes known and see what his reaction is to this very generous gesture. I'm really not sure what Tony needs at this point, but when I find out, you will be the first to know and I will do my level best to help him in any way possible.

Gary

------------------
Travlin' Easy

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#123989 - 10/26/05 06:13 AM Re: Just talked to Tony Rome...
Dnj Offline

Just saw on the TV news....22,000 tourists still stuck & stranded in Cancun.......the destruction there is totaly devestating.

#123990 - 10/26/05 07:33 AM Re: Just talked to Tony Rome...
captain Russ Offline

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
Gary, I tried to call Tony yesterday and today, also. Guess I was really lucky a few days ago. Phones hadn't been up more than an hour when I talked to him. I get the same fast busy signal I got when I tried to reach friends in New Orleans right after that storm.

Let's keep our fingers crossed. I'll keep trying to call, and I'm sure we'll be one of his early contacts when that's possible.

Do you think it makes sense to mail checks to Gary ASAP? That way, however we decide to get the help to him, it will all be in one place and can be done quickly.

I'm in, however we decide to do it.

Hope someone hears something positive soon.
Something like this makes me really appreciate ALL of my "long distance" friends here.

Russ

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online