Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#123735 - 04/02/02 06:09 PM Re: VA7/76
Maximo Offline

Loc: San Francisco, CA
I love the Touch Screen.
That's why I'm buying the VA7.
I have a question for you all.
I found a web site that makes professional new styles for VA7 and other arrangers, do you guys know if there is something similar here in the US? This is the address: (www.midispot.dk/UK/index.htm)Can I create myself personal styles that I can use to play my music and save as user program? I mean a basic loop, the variation, the fill in, the intro and the ending? I don't own the VA7 yet, so this question will sound a little dumb. Thanx

#123736 - 04/02/02 09:57 PM Re: VA7/76
Dreamer Offline

Loc: Rome - Italy
Maximo,
the VA7 has extensive style creating and editing abilities and the final result will depend only on one's ability...and patience!
Re. the comparison between VA7 and G1000, I agree that the G 1000 has a "quicker" interface and maybe better overall internal styles (but they are all in the zip disk which comes with the VA7, anyway), but the sounds are WAY better in the VA. A few sounds (like the soprano sax) are the same, but almost all the others are new, especially the most important ones: just try the VA7 stereo grand piano, the electric pianos or the V-drums: come on!

#123737 - 04/03/02 01:42 PM Re: VA7/76
CHALKY u.k Offline

Loc: U.K
Mike, the pads can be programmed to change around 12 different functions but not split point . the FCpedal can be progranned to control around 33 different functions on each of the 7 pedals. Hope this helps, Chalky.Va76 owner.
Quote:
Originally posted by Mike H:
Well.........
Since the VA76 has two programmable pads now - maybe I could use one to change the split when desired since my two choices will probably be pretty consistent.

Another thing - I wonder why the FC7 doesn't let you assign various functions to the pedal like the SD1 FS13 does? - although I admit that scrolling through the intro-variation-advanced var-ending comprises most of the necessary functions.

thanks
Mike H

#123738 - 04/03/02 02:10 PM Re: VA7/76
Mike H Offline

Loc: Homer AK
chalky

Thanks so much for the tips - its good to know since Roland doesn't publish manuals on line to learn about these things.

MH

#123739 - 04/04/02 12:54 PM Re: VA7/76
macbabbi Offline

Loc: New York
Does the VA76 still retain important arranger buttons on the top of the keyboard, like reset, half fill, hold, etc?

#123740 - 04/04/02 01:16 PM Re: VA7/76
Dreamer Offline

Loc: Rome - Italy
Yes, it does.

#123741 - 04/05/02 11:58 AM Re: VA7/76
eyrec Offline

Loc: UK
It's interesting to see all the various replies regarding VA7/76.
I was an owner of a VA76 using it in a live situation for 8 months and fair enough, after editing the registrations you can get good results. For me, it just sounds like a glorified G1000 (own one of these, SD1 and Korg Triton pro).
To sum it up I'd say it's like any other keyboard. If you're prepared to put the time into it you are rewarded. For live use though, I found it a pain in the rear. It's OK if you are using preset registrations and not accompanying anyone. If a professional singer comes up to you and gives you any music that suits them for you to play, you have to be able to call up a rhythm with the right tempo, a suitable left hand sound and right hand sound plus solo (no time to set transpose. You have to do it in your head if they are to sing in a different key to the score they've given you).
All this has to be done within seconds, otherwise it makes you look like an idiot and not very professional. The VA7/76 fails in this department. The touch screen is just too slow to navigate around.
Also, changing upper 1 and 2 sounds are far slower than with a G1000.
To sum it up VA76 is good for a home keyboard, for live use shop around.

#123742 - 04/06/02 09:15 AM Re: VA7/76
Anonymous
Unregistered

A real good musician does not need a trans-
posebutton and can play with every singer
without an arranger in every key.
By the way the VA76 HAS A TRANSPOSEBUTTON!!
The problems you name are the same for each
keyboardplayer and not only for VAplayers.
How often a professional singer pops up and
asks you for music? A real professional sing-
er sings in the right key!
You see I do not agree with your opinion.
The VA76 is the G1000 plus very good extra's.
The VA76 is very good on stage!

#123743 - 04/06/02 09:15 PM Re: VA7/76
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Quote:
Originally posted by Mart Weeho:
A real good musician does not need a transpose button and can play with every singer without an arranger in every key.
A real professional singer sings in the right key!

.....I can't ........ I just can't..........

[This message has been edited by Uncle Dave (edited 04-06-2002).]

#123744 - 04/08/02 10:24 AM Re: VA7/76
macbabbi Offline

Loc: New York
Obviously everyone has their own opinions.
However what really stinks about the VA76 is that there was so much hype over the whol Variphrase feature, and then you cant even incorporate that into the styles. That is useless.
Also compared to, lets say a g-1000, the whole way of thinking of the va76 has changed, and seems almost backwards in my opinion. Where all of the weapons were right in front of you on the older keyboards, they are hidden on the new. In my line of music, switching styles with great spee, and switching sounds is a MUST, and I ust don't see the VA76 being able to handle that.
A friend of mine has had this keyboard and is now selling it for way lower than what he bought it for because he is really just sick of it. There was a point where he literally wanted to thrw it out the window. Coming from a guy who only buys arranger keyboards, was very insightful since he has had experienc with technics, korg and roland. He did buy a Yamaha 9000pro which according to him totally steps on the va76.

Just another point of view.

Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online