SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#123508 - 09/04/02 11:56 AM sd1 question
Mike H Offline

Loc: Homer AK
If I change the voices in the lower section of a style - in arrange view - I can get the SD1 to memorize the voice change - but not the effect or the pan settings. Anyone that can shed light on this??

Mike H

#123509 - 09/04/02 01:48 PM Re: sd1 question
DanO1 Offline

Loc: Maryland
After I set my desired effects , I am having no problem saving them on my Sd1 .

Which style and what settings ?

Have you ever added a little distortion to a rhodes sound within a pattern ?

dano

#123510 - 09/04/02 02:18 PM Re: sd1 question
Mike H Offline

Loc: Homer AK
Hi DanO

Styles I am trying this on - in the Swing section - Jazzman and Moderate Sw.
I set them up as primary go-to styles for all around standards playing - with the lower in Jazzman set to Piano 1 and 2, and the Moderate swing lower set to Rodes and another elec piano sound.

Saving the mods I make in Arrange View as per the manual (saving styles) it saves the basic sound patch - but like I said - not the effect and pan. This wouldn't necessarily be so important - but I use the lower section in this case as a solo section instrument below a split point set relatively high. Without pan and some delay it sounds pretty sad - so..........

Anyway - it holds the modifications in the style patch until you shut the instrument off. Funny thing - it remembers the sound choice and nothing else.

As to Rodes w/ light distortion - I can kind of imagine it - sounds great and will try it - Seems like so much of my time is spent just trying to figure out how best to use this SD1 - getting side tracked because the instant gratification of having a full band at your disposal is addictive.

From what I can see - this instrument is arguably still at the top of the heap of arrangers - and if they ever make a smooth interface for simultaneous arranger and midi play - the gap between the spontaneity of live performance and the wizardry of the recording studio will be so much smaller.

DanO - what I really need - besides more time - is access to many more latin and jazz styles. What can I do??

thanks
Mike

#123511 - 09/05/02 06:09 AM Re: sd1 question
DanO1 Offline

Loc: Maryland
Mike ,

I have converted style you can try . Even with the converted styles ..I have only found a few that I can use . I can send them via email . danosmusic@yahoo.com

Ketron has just released new patterns for the SD1 . AJ has listed the available styles as well .

They are special order .

If you want ...you are welcome to call me at
Piano Man 410 747 0200 I am in the store 1:30 to 7pm today .

You've come a long way Mike ! I still remember my fellow employees laughing when I demo'd the Sd1 over the phone to you in Alaska !

How about the vocal drum kits with some of those jazz / Swing styles ? very cool !

dan

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online