SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#123498 - 08/28/06 10:56 AM Another T2 demo..
Bluezplayer Offline

Loc: Catskill Mountains, NY
This is another one recorded one shot live, using the BIAB Jazz Fusion style with only moderate tweaking. I think the drums are a little better balanced in this style.

http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=CEA20BCB6BD6EC8E

AJ

#123499 - 08/28/06 11:32 AM Re: Another T2 demo..
T42 Offline

Loc: UK
Hi AJ, I really liked this style. The drums sound well, it's nice and lively without too much going off and would be very useable.
I'll start going through the ones I downloaded and start tweaking the ones to keep.

#123500 - 08/28/06 05:04 PM Re: Another T2 demo..
Bluezplayer Offline

T42

Thanks for taking the time to check it out. There are definitely some useful styles in the group. It makes me realize how wrong I was a few years ago when I thought of BIAB as just some sort of toy. Not only isn't it a toy, but there are some excellent educational features in it as well.

Previously, I had been a big Jammer pro fan, but since their upgrade to version 5 and beyond, I haven't liked it as much. It's definitely more powerful than the earlier versions, but I dislike the interface.., so I revisited BIAB and hooked it up to some top flight software modules and sounds, and I've been pretty impressed with it ever since.

AJ

[This message has been edited by Bluezplayer (edited 08-28-2006).]

#123501 - 08/28/06 05:20 PM Re: Another T2 demo..
TwoNuts Offline

Loc: Vancouver, Washington. USA
AJ,

Thanks for posting another great jazz tune. I really like what the BIAB styles are capable of. Thanks again for all the effort in the conversion of BIAB to Tyros 2. I am just getting into them and so far have found the jazz styles to be my favorite so far. I love the unique meter as it is not what you will typically find on an arranger keyboard.

Thanks again,

Regards,

Dennis L. Almond
aka...TwoNuts

[This message has been edited by TwoNuts (edited 08-28-2006).]

Dennis L. Almond
aka...TwoNuts

#123502 - 08/28/06 05:32 PM Re: Another T2 demo..
Bluezplayer Offline

Thanks for the reply and your kind comments Dennis. It's much appreciated. Jazz, especially the more modern sub genres, is among my favorite genres to play in. I agree that the jazz styles are among the best of the lot from BIAB. It kinda makes sense to me too, because most of the BIAB users I've talked to agree that the software is pretty much geared toward the jazz genres.

There are some very decent blues styles as well, and the odd meter styles really give us something different that we don't find on most arrangers.

I had hoped that others would find some of these to be useful. Otherwise, I probably would just converted mainly the jazz, blues, odd meter, and electronica styles, with a small portion of Rock and World styles thrown in. In reality though, once I got on a roll I figured, ahhhh what the heck, might as well do them all. In retrospect, once I got a system in place, it really didn't seem to be that much more work anyway.

AJ

[This message has been edited by Bluezplayer (edited 08-28-2006).]

#123503 - 08/28/06 06:16 PM Re: Another T2 demo..
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
AJ, can't wait to try them when I get time.
Thanks for all your work.
DonM

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online