SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#12338 - 07/07/99 05:21 AM qs6.1
rascal Offline

i'm about to buy gs6.1 and i've some questions about it...is it good for trance and dance music as stand alone synth?does it send slider moves through midi?tell me more about good and bad things in it...

#12339 - 07/13/99 06:46 AM Re: qs6.1
Palli Offline

Loc: Reykjavik, Iceland
All of the QS synths are very versatile. All controller messages can be sent to midi. Controllers can be mapped to control pretty much any parameter you want. Some people have complained about the lack of a resonance filter, which is something that would come in handy, especially for dance music but it can be worked around by using high resonance sounds and applying the cutoff filter to it. The effects are excellent and should also come in handy in dance music. I looked at a couple of synths with controller knobs before I bought my QS, namely the Yamaha CSX-1 and Korg N5 they didn't offer much that one doesn't get with the QS but the QS comes with an added bonus. The ability to add your own samples via pcmcia card! In my opinion the QS synths are by far the best you can get in it's price range.

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online