SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#123270 - 05/02/03 05:50 PM Re: Keyboard Festival Report . (UK)
Idatrod Offline

Loc: Oceanside, CA USA
Here in the USA a Tyros sells for between $2,495-$2,995 (1.575-1.890 UK Pounds) depending on where you purchase it. That is without the speaker package, etc., in most instances. As compared to the UK and Europe in general you would be paying roughly $1,500 (950 UK pounds) more in the UK than you would for a Tyros in the USA. PS: I am deducting the price of the speaker package available in the UK for 2.700 UK Pounds in figuring the USA purchase price.

So if a Pa-X sells for 2.499 UK Pounds= ($3,961 US dollars) and the Tyros goes for 2.700 UK Pounds=($4,280 US dollars); that would be of course 201 UK Pounds less for a Pa-X versus the Tyros if purchased in the UK, and Europe in general. That being the case, to compare the price in the US market for a Pa-X what you would do is take the UK price of the Tyros and subtract $1,500 US dollars + also subtract the 201 UK Pound difference for the Pa-X ($318 US dollars) and you come up with a US dollar price for the Pa-X of $2,181. So you round it off to look nice and I suspect the price for the 61 Key "with speakers built-in" will cost about $2,199. Time will tell if I'm right. Note: Korg's price in the US versus the UK market could very well be much different than Yamaha's comparitive one is. So the price for the Pa-X in the USA could be substantially more than the $2,195 I listed. Any whooo, I still can't wait to demo it!

Graham, is that also the price for the 76 Key version?, ie., 2.499 UK Pounds? I would think the 76 Key version will cost more.
Also, did you hear any information regarding Sampling capabilities, how much Polyphony?, Arpeggiator, Digital I/O's?, Smart Media capabilities?, how many Watts on Speakers?, ie., RMS 50 X 2?, 75 X 2?, etc.? "I am thinking BIG"

Even though I am only interested in the 61 Key version "only because the 76 Key version doesn't have built-in speakers." But the feature list on the 61 Key version will probably be the same I would imagine as the 76 Key version, minus the extra 15 Keys and speakers of course. So if you can tell us any other info you have about the Pa-X, it would be greatly appreciated. Gotta Runnnn!

Best regards,
Mike

#123271 - 05/02/03 09:46 PM Re: Keyboard Festival Report . (UK)
MusiKMan Offline

Loc: California, USA
Do you know if the new PAX will have the same casing of the current PA series, or will they go back to the steel casing of the Korg i30?
How about the keys themselves?
Currently the keys on the pa series feel Casioish, and I prefer the feel of the I30 more like that of the Triton. The i30 casing is also just like that of the Triton studio.

Please, can you find out about this?

thanks,

Peace,

Musikman4Christ........

#123272 - 05/03/03 02:42 AM Re: Keyboard Festival Report . (UK)
Graham UK Offline

Loc: Lincolnshire UK
Relating to the Pa_X. What I have stated is all that was given to me, no more,no less. The price I was told was the same for 61 notes with speakers or 76 notes without speakers.
The price of the Tyros in the UK was quoted at full retail. That's the only correct way of comparing products because we can all obtain different varying discounts.
I have always found Korg to offer competitive products and remember to Pa_X includes a CD-Writer. I think Yamaha are just being greedy increasing the price of the Tyros. I play my friends Tyros every week, its a nice board but I consider it overpriced at £2,700 RRP. After playing the Tyros I still prefer my 9000Pro.
Value for money for me would be PSR 2100 £1150 and layer it with a PSR 292 £199 for lower manual.

Graham UK

[This message has been edited by Graham UK (edited 05-03-2003).]

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online