Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4
Topic Options
#123155 - 11/17/04 01:14 PM Re: Real difference between 3000 and Tyros
Starkeeper Offline

Loc: Toronto
Quote:
Originally posted by nardoni2002:
zalmi,when you play a keyboard they do sound bland until you adjust the eq settings,there is a possibility that someone had come into the shop to try out a tyros and adjusted the eq,so in the comparisons one would sound a lot better,just a thought,mike

Excellent point. I demoed a PSR2100 which sounded worse then a PSR1500. I was thinking how could that be, if it has more wave ROM.
Starkeeper

#123156 - 11/18/04 07:56 AM Re: Real difference between 3000 and Tyros
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Quote:
Originally posted by tigerfool:
you got three and then sold them?.

I'm very particular about 2 things.
Key feel, and inyternal speakers.
The Tyros has a stiffer feel, but the key stroke is shorter tham the 3k and somehow, that matters to me. I can "dig in" more and get a better expression from my dynamic interpretations of the music. Maybe it's just me, but even though the action is lighter, I like the longer downward stroke a lot better.
The speaker issue is non-negotiable. I simply must have the full mix - right in front of my face at all times....with or without extranal amplification.

The Tyros sounds fantastic, but so does the 3000, so I really miss nothing.
I don't need to layer more than 2 voices in teh RH, I prefer the USB and SM storage to a hard drive anyway, and the size/weight ratio is the best out there.

I'v espoken out many times about the flimsy, cheesy keys on the psr line, and I STILL hate them all ..... but I hate the 3k a little less than the others. That downward stroke thing is big in my comfort factor. I never got comfortable with the Tyros action, dispite the stiffer feel.
Chocolate and Vanilla, right?

#123157 - 11/18/04 10:09 AM Re: Real difference between 3000 and Tyros
Graham UK Offline

Loc: Lincolnshire UK
I have just bought a PSR3K...the only thing I miss is NO aftertouch. Excellent fast USB loading styles and files. Any style is loaded in plays within the next bar, about the same as the inbuilt styles. I am surprised just how good the internal speakers perform. I normally play any board through my Reflex Transmission Line Studio Monitors, but the 3K does not embarrass it's self through it's own speakers. When connected to my monitors the performance is very live and vibrant. Excellent board for the price. The Tyros may be better, but not at nearly twice the price.

#123158 - 11/18/04 11:01 AM Re: Real difference between 3000 and Tyros
zalmi Offline

Loc: London, UK
Nardoni,
it's definitely not the eq. The 3000 sounds very similar to my psr640 in terms of basic sound quality (not actual voices etc.). And even when I eq my 640 on my mixer it doesn't sound as nice as the Tyros. Maybe it has to do with the DSP system on the Tyros (somebody mentioned that here), but the Tyros definitely has a better sound system. The eq only brings out or reduces certain frequencies, it cannot actually improve sound quality that didn't exist to begin with.
Zalmi

#123159 - 11/18/04 11:18 AM Re: Real difference between 3000 and Tyros
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
The BOTTOM line, play the keyboard you're happiest with. I love (and prefer) the Tyros, but that doesn't mean it's the best choice for someone else. The proof is in the pudding: your MUSIC! , so I hope MORE people will post songs they've created on their keyboard, no matter what the make or model. - Scott

------------------
http://scottyee.com

#123160 - 11/18/04 11:37 AM Re: Real difference between 3000 and Tyros
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Scottyee:
The proof is in the pudding: your MUSIC! , so I hope MORE people will post songs they've created on their keyboard, no matter what the make or model. - Scott

Scott now your talkin!!!......
"Lets HEAR What Ya Got?" I Always Say..

------------------
www.donnypesce.com

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 11-18-2004).]

#123161 - 11/18/04 03:52 PM Re: Real difference between 3000 and Tyros
MrEd Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:
Scott now your talkin!!!......
"Lets [b]HEAR
What Ya Got?" I Always Say.. [/B]

Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:
Ed.....I too have made most of my demo songs on my site 1 min+ or so in lenght just to give people a taste, a few are full lenght also for effect..... The original full lenght recordings are merely edited down for the website.
CD sales versions are all full lenght.
dnj

Donny, I still have to pay full price for full length?

So many CD's out here I want to GET... I want to GET another arranger kb too... Christmas is coming...

I guess I'm gonna need to GET a part-time job too!

#123162 - 11/22/04 08:04 AM Re: Real difference between 3000 and Tyros
drdalet Offline

Loc: Amersfoort, Netherlands
There is no doubt in my mind that Tyros is better than PSR3K - it would be a real shame on Yamaha if there wasn't a difference. I bought PSR3K because music is my hobby, not my profession. It comes close to the Tyros and they have compatible styles because of the megavoices.
Aftertouch is one thing that I miss on the PSR3K and the other thing is 3 layers for the right voice. With three layers you can make the voices sound more realistic.
I don't know about a better soundchip in the Tyros though. If you want to do an honest A/B test, you have to use the same voices, styles and the same soundsystem at the same volume. And if there is a difference, maybe you can hear it only through a very pricy soundsystem. But if you are a pro, why settle for less than a Tyros? It looks better on stage too. There is no shame in using a PSR3K too, even for a pro, but the Tyros surely looks much better.
Anyway I am enjoying my PSR3K.

------------------
drdalet

#123163 - 11/22/04 10:43 AM Re: Real difference between 3000 and Tyros
Scott Langholff Offline

Loc: Pensacola, Florida, USA
Hello drdalet

Yes, they are both great instruments.

I think your summing it up really says it all.

Best
Scott Langholff

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online