Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#123145 - 11/14/04 06:56 AM Re: Real difference between 3000 and Tyros
SemiLiveMusic Offline

Loc: Louisiana, USA
Quote:
Originally posted by travlin'easy:
As I've often said in the past, if the Tyros had internal speakers I would have purchased one when they first became available. I've even tried to figure ways to install them, but this would, unfortunately, void the waranty. Hopefully, the next Tyros will have speakers, and with luck Yamaha will not eliminate a large number of essential buttons, knobs and desirable features.

Gary

Why do you favor your internal speakers so much? What do they do for you that makes you appreciate them so?

#123146 - 11/14/04 07:00 AM Re: Real difference between 3000 and Tyros
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
I'm in a mad rush to finish a CD made entirely on the 3k, so after it's ready I'll post some examples on my website and you can listen to some direct recordings. I'll be ready b4 the month is out.

#123147 - 11/14/04 09:07 AM Re: Real difference between 3000 and Tyros
nardoni2002 Offline

Loc: malaga, spain
zalmi,when you play a keyboard they do sound bland until you adjust the eq settings,there is a possibility that someone had come into the shop to try out a tyros and adjusted the eq,so in the comparisons one would sound a lot better,just a thought,mike

#123148 - 11/14/04 09:32 AM Re: Real difference between 3000 and Tyros
MrEd Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Uncle Dave:
I'm in a mad rush to finish a CD made entirely on the 3k, so after it's ready I'll post some examples on my website and you can listen to some direct recordings. I'll be ready b4 the month is out.

Uncle Dave,
Can you make those samples LONGER than the samples you have out there now?

Lucky for me that Don, on his website, had a a sample of yours that was at a good length to listen too.

BTW, You Don and SO MANY others are doing a very fine justice to whatever keyboards you choose. Where there's a will (and some talent) there's a way.

#123149 - 11/17/04 07:03 AM Re: Real difference between 3000 and Tyros
KFingers Offline

Loc: Brighton - UK
I recently bought a Tyros. It was a used one and I paid around £100 more than the price that the 3000 is selling for here in the UK.

In my opinion, if you ensure that the boards are EQd the same (or thereabouts) then there is very little difference in the sounds when comparing like for like. This was based on a limited 1 hour comparison excercise in the music store.

However, there are OTS settings on the Tyros that use all three RH voices for things like brass or orchestral ensembles and this does make a difference. Likewise, there are more live drums on the tyros which is important to me and the style of music I play.

The additional controls are important in a live setting and the additional user memory is also important if you use the MFD live as Scott said.

To conclude - I wouldn't have paid for a new Tyros as the additions are not worth the extra in my opinion but buying a used model narrowed that to an acceptable price I was prepared to pay (although don't forget I don't have a warranty)

Hope this helps Tiger

#123150 - 11/17/04 09:13 AM Re: Real difference between 3000 and Tyros
Uncle Dave Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by MrEd:
Can you make those samples LONGER than the samples you have out there now?

Sure ! I think there's enough room on my site to post a few complete tunes. Some of the titles are:

Almost like being in love
Laura(instrumental)
People will say we're in love
Night and day
Just the way you look tonight
The nearness of you
Where or when
I wanna be around
NYNY
and maybe Georgia .... not sure yet on that one.

Stay tuned!

#123151 - 11/17/04 10:44 AM Re: Real difference between 3000 and Tyros
Dnj Offline

Ed.....I too have made most of my demo songs on my site 1 min+ or so in lenght just to give people a taste, a few are full lenght also for effect..... The original full lenght recordings are merely edited down for the website.
CD sales versions are all full lenght.

dnj

------------------
www.donnypesce.com

#123152 - 11/17/04 11:08 AM Re: Real difference between 3000 and Tyros
tigerfool Offline

Loc: kingston, RI USA
You lucky people, I can never found a used one here! People like Tyros so much, they do not ever want to sell it.

#123153 - 11/17/04 11:30 AM Re: Real difference between 3000 and Tyros
Uncle Dave Offline

I never liked 'em....I sold all three I got my hands on. I'll see if another one turns up for ya !

#123154 - 11/17/04 12:21 PM Re: Real difference between 3000 and Tyros
tigerfool Offline

Loc: kingston, RI USA
Dear Uncle Dave, you got three and then sold them? Hard to believe. Tyros is really my dream machine that I cannot imagine I will part with once I got one before Christmas.

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online