SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#122853 - 06/04/07 04:29 PM Re: PSR3000s plagued with problems
Dnj Offline

Beaky good luck with the two s900's keep us posted on your experiences.

#122854 - 06/04/07 10:07 PM Re: PSR3000s plagued with problems
mr9000 Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:
Yep, the 9k was real bad design with keystrips at $60.00 a pop + labor.....but the 3k is a different single rubber cap design which held up pretty well.

Well i must step forth and PROCLAIM loudly from the mountain top: i have bought my Psr9000 in july of 2002(yup even as the floor demo model!) and my contact strip has Never been replaced as of yet!!so take your "bad design: lingo and dipose of it into the urinal please!

#122855 - 06/04/07 10:47 PM Re: PSR3000s plagued with problems
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
So basically, you are saying that because YOU have never been mugged, no-one else has been, either? Interesting logic...

#122856 - 06/04/07 10:50 PM Re: PSR3000s plagued with problems
Nick G Offline

Loc: Sydney, NSW, Australia
I must admit i really bash my buttons and keys hard. hard enough that paint starts chipping off them, never once have I had a problem with a button not working or anything like that? other than on this Forum, I have never heard of anyone having an issue anywhere else...

The Yamaha products are so cheap compared to their competition so to have a problem like this hear or there really doesn't matter, since you have already compensated by not spending as much as if you purchased a Korg or a Roland or anything else for that matter.

you cant really say they "aren't designed for road use", because that is where it starts to get broad. what cases are being used? Hard / soft? do they get dropped? do they get bumped around and things like that?

Its like the cheap Dell Computers. sooooo many of these get sold around the world and everyone always hears of them failing or things going wrong. that is because of the ratio of how many dells are out there...

you might not hear of Rolands / Korgs breaking down as much for the simple reason there aren't as many out there...

#122857 - 06/05/07 02:18 AM Re: PSR3000s plagued with problems
Taike Offline

Loc: Xingyi, Guizhou (China)
Quote:
Originally posted by Nick G:
I must admit i really bash my buttons and keys hard. hard enough that paint starts chipping off them, never once have I had a problem with a button not working or anything like that? other than on this Forum, I have never heard of anyone having an issue anywhere else...

The Yamaha products are so cheap compared to their competition so to have a problem like this hear or there really doesn't matter, since you have already compensated by not spending as much as if you purchased a Korg or a Roland or anything else for that matter.

you cant really say they "aren't designed for road use", because that is where it starts to get broad. what cases are being used? Hard / soft? do they get dropped? do they get bumped around and things like that?

Its like the cheap Dell Computers. sooooo many of these get sold around the world and everyone always hears of them failing or things going wrong. that is because of the ratio of how many dells are out there...

you might not hear of Rolands / Korgs breaking down as much for the simple reason there aren't as many out there...

There aren't many Rolls Royces but then again, they never "break down."

#122858 - 06/05/07 03:27 AM Re: PSR3000s plagued with problems
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by mr9000:

Well i must step forth and PROCLAIM loudly from the mountain top: i have bought my Psr9000 in july of 2002(yup even as the floor demo model!) and my contact strip has Never been replaced as of yet!!so take your "bad design: lingo and dipose of it into the urinal please!

Its not lingo my friend just pure fact not once but twice!

#122859 - 06/05/07 03:32 AM Re: PSR3000s plagued with problems
Nick G Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Taike:
There aren't many Rolls Royces but then again, they never "break down."

I have no doubt they would break down if they were used just as much as a normal everyday car...

most cars break down because of the lack of care by their owners

remember a Rolls Royce costs over 20 times the amount of a standard car, and about 10 times the amount to keep it on the rd, so end of the day its going to balance out...

#122860 - 06/05/07 04:15 AM Re: PSR3000s plagued with problems
Taike Offline

Loc: Xingyi, Guizhou (China)
Quote:
Originally posted by Nick G:
I have no doubt they would break down if they were used just as much as a normal everyday car...

most cars break down because of the lack of care by their owners

remember a Rolls Royce costs over 20 times the amount of a standard car, and about 10 times the amount to keep it on the rd, so end of the day its going to balance out...

A Rolls-Royce does not break down. It 'fails to proceed.'

#122861 - 06/05/07 05:03 AM Re: PSR3000s plagued with problems
Nick G Offline

hehehe well that could very well be so

#122862 - 06/05/07 05:05 AM Re: PSR3000s plagued with problems
spalding Offline

Loc: Birmingham
There is a;lways thois compartisson with cars l;ike rolls royce. People dont use rolls royces in the same way thatordinary cars are used and they most certainly do break down !

I only wanted to make the point that the touch sensitive strip under the keys on the psr models according to my repair man is the most common problem expeirenced with the psr range as they tend to split. I had the psr8000 prior to my pax and i replaced the strip twice in 4 years. cost 20 for the strip and 20 forlabour so not a major problem.

[This message has been edited by spalding (edited 06-05-2007).]

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online