SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#122757 - 05/18/05 07:07 PM Please, I need some help with PSR3000
Jose Pereira Offline

Loc: Funchal Portugal
Hello People!
I´m using a PSR3000
I need some help here: I need to "mix" two songs (SMF) without stopping. I created an Style that matched both ones. I need that while the first one, just before it finished, engage the style, but as soon as the sequence ends the Style stops. How can I do to keep, at least, the rhythm playing thru the style, then at any time I start the new sequence? I´m trying to do a non stop, flowing of songs. What can I do to achive this???
Thanks in advance for your help1
Best Regards
Jose Pereira

#122758 - 05/18/05 10:55 PM Re: Please, I need some help with PSR3000
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
There may be a way to do what you want, but I can't think of one. Unless you buy a Korg, which has two sequence players for this very purpose.
DonM

#122759 - 05/19/05 12:15 AM Re: Please, I need some help with PSR3000
Beakybird Offline

Are you using the PSR3000's sequencer or a computer sequencer? With a computer sequencer, you can easily paste the second song onto the end of the last meter of the first song.
Maybe you can set up the songs as registrations and with the push of a registration button you can get the next song to start playing on cue.

Beakybird

#122760 - 05/19/05 04:04 AM Re: Please, I need some help with PSR3000
Jose Pereira Offline

Loc: Funchal Portugal
Thanks People
Well, I´m trying to do this on the fly with the PSR3000 in a live situation, kind of DJing, if you know what I mean. I´m trying to do a non stop flow using a sequenced song, before it ends, engage a Style, and keep it playing until I choose a new song. Until know all my trouble is that the Style stops together with the song at its end, and when I start the sytle again, the tempo change without the tempo song but its own tempo and I can`t adjust it at the tempo song (tempo style) while the song is playing.
Registrations? As far as I know, it only works with styles, not sequenced data.
PA80? Sorry, I do a lot of latin music and the PA80 sounds too fake for this music...I wanted a Ketron SD1 Plus but was too difficult to purchase one
Any way I appreciate your interest and help.
I still will try to find a way for my work, but appreciate any comments or suggestions from every body
Best Regards
Jose Pereira
Venezuela
PS. Please, excuse my bad and poor english.

#122761 - 05/19/05 06:19 AM Re: Please, I need some help with PSR3000
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Jose,

The only way you can accomplish this task is to use a laptop computer and fire your midi files through the 3000 using the USB-A to USB-B connection. Essentally, the keyboard's sound engine can then be utilized by both the onboard style files and the midi file coming from an external source. I just tested it out and it worked just fine.

Good Luck,

Gary

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#122762 - 05/19/05 07:58 AM Re: Please, I need some help with PSR3000
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
You could sequence your songs, then record them in MP3 format to a small MP3 player. Use it to play the songs and play the keyboard live as you choose.
Ipod or Creative Labs players would work. You could make playlists or use search function.
DonM

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online