SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#122669 - 01/27/04 07:47 AM Took it back...
Tomcat Offline

Loc: Ft Collins Colorado, USA
Yesterday I returned the MoES6 I had to GC. It is a good very capable synth but, while I liked the acoustic sounds the OS has the good stuff buried so deep in barnyard stuff that I am simply unwilling to have to shovel my way through it all in order to learn to use it's features. In addition I finally realized the the "phrase factory" is simply a hardware included version of a program like Acid Pro or Fruity Loops and is simply loop based slice and dice of patterns to string them together to make "music" and suffers from the same problems (for ME) those programs have of not sounding right if you cut up the patterns smaller than about 1/2 measure. They are good for beat driven stuff and not much else (for ME).

In place of the MoES6, I brought home a Tyros and I LOVE IT! I had to tear myself away from it in order to go to bed last night and I've just gotten started exploring it. I will ONLY be using it in my studio since the only "outside" job I have is as the organist at the local catholic church and they supply the organ, so the considerations some of you have about it not fitting in to your situations don't apply for me. I have it set up on the bottom of a two keyboard tier with the Pa80 above it and the two complement each other very, very well, IMO. I like some of the Pa80 solo voices better than their equivalent on the Tyros (such as the Sweet Harmonica, the Trumpet and the Tenor Sax) but I really like most of the Tyros styles.

BTW, Terry told me sometime ago to just get the Tyros, but I had to check it out for myself, and he was right...

I'm probably through buying keyboards now, since I now have four with the Trinity V3 and the Wavestation EX, so from now on it will either be rack modules or soft synths.

I'm very happy with the Pa80 and the Tyros together. They work well with each other and fill in the gaps missing in the other one. AND, LOL, I don't have to carry either one of them anywhere!

Tom

------------------
Bigger is not always better

#122670 - 01/28/04 01:03 PM Re: Took it back...
kbrkr Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
Tom,

Congratulations on the Tyros and welcome to the club. I have a MOES8 and a Tyros. I agree the MO is very tough for find your way around. I use it primarily for rehearsals and backup to my Korg Triton.

The Tyros in my opinion is just a terrific all around arranger.

Best of Luck,
Al

Pa4x - LD Systems Maui 28 - Mackie Thumps

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online