SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#122555 - 12/23/06 12:15 PM Re: What would your Ultimate Set Up be
SemiLiveMusic Offline

Loc: Louisiana, USA
Yep, there's no doubt in mind I haven't even tapped the power of a psr2000, which is what I still use. I'm still learning things I can do with it. But... I want a new something or other that doesn't use floppies, that's for sure!

------------------
Bill
SmallGig.com

#122556 - 12/23/06 04:19 PM Re: What would your Ultimate Set Up be
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:
I hear ya bill.........I just want to get the most out of what I use.....I'm still discovering things about the 3k after gigging with it for a few years ....
I actually went back to it after selling two of them...trying other brands.....& re-buying a 3k!!!! Its that good for my uses......who knows whats coming down the pike ?....but I'm open to all new things or at least will check them out asap.........if they can do the job better them I'm There!!!Give me reality over dreams any day

It's statments like Donny's and Gary D's( in another thread)that keep me with my 3000. I often get caught up with newer must be better. But the 3000s got lots going for it. Once I hear the PA800 I may take the leap and still keep my 3000. But the bottom line is I'm always learning more about the 3000 and it serves me well.

On another note, I dreamt for many years of buying a grand piano. About 17 years ago I finally got up the cash and bought a 5 foot 8 Samick Grand piano. Loved it and played it frequently but as the years passed I played it less and less. Fast forward to 2005 all that dreaming and wishing. I found myself rarely playing the grand since weather conditions sent it out of tune you know hot humid weather and dry conditions in winter from having the heat turned on. Today the grand could sound terrific and tomorrow it would need tuning. . My Yamaha CVP107 and now 307 never went out of tune could sound like a Steinway or a Yammie grand. So I sold that puppy as I did with a B3(another dream machine) a number of years ago. Donny hit the nail on the head reality rather than the dreams. Yea, nice to dream but for this guy sometimes the chase of the dream is more fun than when the dream comes true.

[This message has been edited by Stephenm52 (edited 12-23-2006).]

#122557 - 12/27/06 09:57 AM Re: What would your Ultimate Set Up be
korg4god Offline

Loc: Dodge City, Kansas 67801
Ok... I gotta get in on tis too....

Korg (of course) Oasys 88 key as a controller
PA1x-pro as the arranger (already have that)
OpenLabs Neko for use in the studio

This set up I could use the 2 Korgs as the live set up and then set them up next to the Neko in the Studio.

I think that would be ultimate....

Don't know about a mixer or other outboard gear......

Jeff

Dodge City Schools -USD 443
Forte Music School

http://forte.musicteachershelper.com

#122558 - 12/30/06 11:23 AM Re: What would your Ultimate Set Up be
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Ask me AFTER NAMM........!

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online