SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#121340 - 09/19/02 12:07 PM Found it! Yamaha 9000 Pro, body design taken from this Yamaha keyboard
squeak_D Offline

Loc: West Virginia
Finally found a pic of it. I'll try to find some more so you can see placement of the disk drive.. Also again like I've said before this is the keyboard Yamaha used as the basis for the body design for the 9000 Pro.. Look at the end caps too.. The Pro has the same pitchbend and modulation wheels too, and used the exact same keybed from this one.. This keyboard was a BEAST for music production.. The synth sounds on this thing and the voice editing possibilites were scarey. This silver version of the EX-5 was never availavble to customers in the US... Here's the link.. Not in english of course....
http://www.yamaha.co.jp/product/decbx/synth/ex5s/photo.html
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

#121341 - 09/19/02 02:01 PM Re: Found it! Yamaha 9000 Pro, body design taken from this Yamaha keyboard
DanO1 Offline

Loc: Maryland
Squeak ,
thanks for sharing . I had no idea you were looking for this ! dano

#121342 - 09/20/02 02:34 AM Re: Found it! Yamaha 9000 Pro, body design taken from this Yamaha keyboard
svpworld Offline

Loc: UK
I dont see much in common with the 9000 pro, other than the colour!

S.

------------------
http://www.svpworld.com

#121343 - 09/20/02 06:51 AM Re: Found it! Yamaha 9000 Pro, body design taken from this Yamaha keyboard
squeak_D Offline

Loc: West Virginia
Simon,
I'm trying to find the other pics that show the disk drive and all.. If you see this keyboard from several angles you'll see it.... Actually the 9000 Pro was brought up on www.ex5tech.com when it first came out and everyone who owned the EX-5 was pissed because Yamaha US wouldn't even offer them a silver version of their synth, but redesigned the body a little and made it into a silver arranger.. It was pretty heated. Anyways I'll look for the other pics, and when I find them I'll post the site.. I even talked to Yamaha and they confirmed to me that the EX-5's body design was used as a base for the 9000 Pro.. They said that the EX-5 (one of the top pro synths at the time), had such high marks, and they wanted to have a Pro arranger, so they used their top dog synth as a starting point for the body, and of course gave it the same keybed so we arranger lovers could have a good set of keys to play on, only problem is not all of us can afford to have that decent set of keys....

Squeak

[This message has been edited by squeak_D (edited 09-20-2002).]
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online