SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5
Topic Options
#121327 - 11/04/07 06:52 PM Re: Korg PA800 styles over the top?
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi,
well to answer my own question, actually discovered a couple of drum fills in amongst the onboard pads, so looks like it can work. Brilliant. An option for a simple self fill.

best wishes
Rikki

[QUOTE]Originally posted by rikkisbears:
[B]
I'd even considered using a pad as a self drum fill, though not sure if musically that would work?? mainly because the style drum track would be playing as well.
Might be an option.

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#121328 - 11/05/07 02:08 AM Re: Korg PA800 styles over the top?
Bernie9 Offline

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
As persevering as you are Rikki, I know you will dig up something. Keep us posted.

Cheers
Bernie

#121329 - 11/05/07 04:02 AM Re: Korg PA800 styles over the top?
Booby Offline

Hi,

- regarding the fill issue: there is a lot of bad information about Korg arranger fills, probably coming back from Pa80 times. The current situation is clearly different (a lot of resources releases has been done in the meanwhile) and I feel confortable with them in my Pa1X. As said elsewhere in this topic there is no means to continue saying that they are not fine, that Yamaha has better ones, or two fills + one break is not enough, until someone is able to prove that this is something compromising your music. Until that it's just talking of nothing ..... hope anybody agree on that.
- Dreamer: Korg introduced the time slice feature firstly in Pa80 in 2001. I don't know if this was before of after Ketron, anyway it's since long time there, it's fully user editable and definitely functional fyg.

Best regards.

#121330 - 11/05/07 04:44 AM Re: Korg PA800 styles over the top?
Dnj Offline

Booby couldn't have said it better....

Good post!

#121331 - 11/05/07 04:55 AM Re: Korg PA800 styles over the top?
Dreamer Offline

Loc: Rome - Italy
Quote:
Originally posted by Booby:

- Dreamer: Korg introduced the time slice feature firstly in Pa80 in 2001. I don't know if this was before of after Ketron, anyway it's since long time there, it's fully user editable and definitely functional fyg.

Best regards.

Booby,
thanks for pointing out that; however, the time slice feature in Ketron arrangers dates way back to the MS-100 or even the MS-60, so we are talkin some 15 or 20 years ago.
However, now that you have mentioned the PA-80 I am all the more surprised, since this feature is SO important to me that I would have expected a lot more of advertising about it and -most important- a lot of support on Korg's part, meaning that they should have supplied their customers with not only new styles but ready-made loops as well. After all, not many arranger users have familiarity with Acid or other sampled grooves.
To me the possibility of coupling the rhytm section of an arranger with a live groove is so important that, if I decide not to go with the PA2-X-pro, the only other option is to buy a Midjay Plus, to replace my now sold Midjay.
And, speaking of the other selling point I mentioned earlier, i.e. the master keyboard abilities, can you confirm that your PA1-X can transmit bank and program change numbers on the three upper channels (R1, R2 and R3) and that these settings can be stored within a registration? Also, can you transpose the notes sent on these channels as well?
Many thanks for your reply: this is exactly the kind of information I was looking for: I wish that all the Korg owners on this Forum could be less emphatic and more detailed in their replies, as you (or Rikki, to name just one) have been.

#121332 - 11/05/07 05:07 AM Re: Korg PA800 styles over the top?
Booby Offline

Hi,

here the replies for Dreamer:
- any track can be programmed as internal, external or both. When in external mode you see in the display cc0, cc32, Program Change instead of the internal sound. This can be easily edited using the calculator (i.e. typing 121.001.001 for a GM piano) and stored in any performance/STS around.
- transmitted notes are transposed according to the Master Transpose setting.
The master transpose can be memorized with any performance/sts or used in real time. A master transpose lock (general) is also available in the preferences.

Hope this help.

Regards.

#121333 - 11/05/07 05:22 AM Re: Korg PA800 styles over the top?
Dreamer Offline

Loc: Rome - Italy
Thank you, Booby!

#121334 - 11/05/07 03:34 PM Re: Korg PA800 styles over the top?
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
HI Booby,
thanks for the info. I haven't quite gotten round to setting my PA800 up as a master keyboard yet.

When I finally manage to get all my keyboards together in the one upstairs room
I'll be hoping to midi them up & use the PA800 as a master.

Hadn't realized it would be as simple as that to send out bank & program change numbers.

Rather exciting, I'll have to check it out.

best wishes
Rikki
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Booby:
[B]Hi,

- any track can be programmed as internal, external or both. When in external mode you see in the display cc0, cc32,

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online