SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#121127 - 03/21/07 09:47 AM Re: S700 S900 Finally!!
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
In regards to the new keyboards?

I know very little...just looking at the pictures, and waiting for a sample to be sent.

Ian

------------------
Ambition is a poor excuse for not having enough sense to be lazy.

#121128 - 03/21/07 09:53 AM Re: S700 S900 Finally!!
F161 Offline

Loc: UK
Quote:
Originally posted by ianmcnll:
I can usually tell the quality of the post by the poster.

Ian

shouldn't that be the other way round..

#121129 - 03/21/07 09:58 AM Re: S700 S900 Finally!!
F161 Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by ianmcnll:
In regards to the new keyboards?

I know very little...just looking at the pictures, and waiting for a sample to be sent.

Ian

Any idea on a release date Ian? Must be good to finally see the new boards - I think it was you that broke the news about the S700/900 on this forum last year (if memory serves).

#121130 - 03/21/07 10:21 AM Re: S700 S900 Finally!!
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
My contacts tell me to look for them at the dealers in late July or early August in the U.S., and a couple months earlier in the U.K.. And, anyone that has any bitches or complaints pertaining to the design, technical aspects, or any other feature they did not like or would have liked to have seen, should probably have sent letters, or taken the time to call Yamaha and express their opinions. Believe it or not, most manufacturers will listen attentively, then if your concerns are valid, most will take steps to address those concerns. The manufacturers, IMO, have done an outstanding job in producing an incredible array of arranger keyboards at very reasonable prices. The technology advances over the past decade alone are mind boggling, and with all the user options offered, the versitility is beyond the comprehension of even the most estute performers. Hopefully, this will not turn into another pissing contest--I've seen enough of them during the past year to last a lifetime.

Cheers,

Gary

------------------
Travlin' Easy

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#121131 - 03/21/07 10:28 AM Re: S700 S900 Finally!!
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
No release date as of now, F161, but I suspect the fall MIGHT be realistic...CVP products should be out around the same time.

We usually have a "dealers only" show sometime in June...maybe that will be my first "hands on"...time will tell.

My take on these 'boards is that you are getting most of the Tyros2 features at a fraction of the cost.

Probably will be some new styles and at least the same easy navigation...if not better.

Quality? Who knows...I've got a VERY early production PSR-3000 that's been through the mill, and still has worked flawlessly....easily one of the most reliable keyboards I have owned...if the S900 is on par, I'll be happy.

No word on key action or if it will have aftertouch.

Ian

------------------
Ambition is a poor excuse for not having enough sense to be lazy.

#121132 - 03/21/07 10:43 AM Re: S700 S900 Finally!!
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
I agree, if there is something you want, then tell the manufacture about it, as although it seems at times that they do not listen, it is in actual fact the opposite. (A lot of features added by manufactures come from the uses requests)
However there is one thing to remember, the large manufactures are global and consequently get feedback from all over the world, which means it takes time to assimilate all the information, before they can add the features that the vast majority of uses want. (Also new instruments normally have at least a 2 year development before being released onto the market, so the technology used is also about 2 years behind the currently available technology)

Bill

#121133 - 03/21/07 11:21 AM Re: S700 S900 Finally!!
F161 Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by travlin'easy:
The manufacturers, IMO, have done an outstanding job in producing an incredible array of arranger keyboards at very reasonable prices. The technology advances over the past decade alone are mind boggling, and with all the user options offered, the versitility is beyond the comprehension of even the most estute performers. Hopefully, this will not turn into another pissing contest--I've seen enough of them during the past year to last a lifetime.

Cheers,

Gary

Excellent post Gary and very well put :tu: I agree completely.

Also, cheers to Gary and Ian for the info on release dates - it's going to be a great year for arranger keyboard fans everywhere

Regards
James

#121134 - 03/21/07 11:53 AM Re: S700 S900 Finally!!
zuki Offline

I kind of like the design. I do like the colored screen vs the 3000 (hard to see). It appears to have an updated speaker system?

I read the comments and complaints about this and that, but I have to say Kudos for the people that write these on-board styles - and sounds, totally awesome. They sure make life enjoyable and the songs great.

This mind boggling technology, played professionally, can be very rewarding.

Thanks Yamaha.

zuki

Studio: Korg PA4X/Yamaha DGX670/Boss BR900CD/Tascam DP24SD/MTM Iloud/Sony C80/AGK 214/K&M stand

#121135 - 03/21/07 12:40 PM Re: S700 S900 Finally!!
Dnj Offline

Judging by the pics I see different speakers & tweeters on each, The button layout is pretty identical on the deck they eliminated the below display rockers & put buttons.....
I wonder what the real differences are between the s700 & s900 looks like the internal features could be the answer? New styles, SA sounds,Polyphony, Ram, Hard drive, New Vocalizer, Lyrics TXT reader, Rear panel routing's, dual Mic Inputs with seperate VOL controls, AUX in/outs, Mixer & CMP settings like the Tyros????????????

#121136 - 03/21/07 09:18 PM Re: S700 S900 Finally!!
renig Offline

Loc: Canada
From what I can tell from those pretty poor photos, the only difference I can see between the two models, apart from the previously noted tweeters, etc., is that extra light-coloured button to the right of the black knob or wheel at the far left hand side of the control panel. I'm not familiar with the way Yamaha lay out their panels, so I'm just curious what that extra button might be.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online