SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#121006 - 02/01/05 12:03 PM Barbetta Question
GlennT Offline

Loc: Medina, OH, USA
I came across an article in the January '01 Keyboard mag that indicates that the Barbetta 31c has a tweeter level control up front. Is that true of the 32c also? Is it effective?

Thanks,

Glenn

#121007 - 02/01/05 08:29 PM Re: Barbetta Question
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Both the 31c and 32c have 3-band e.q. on the back. They each have 4 channels with independent volume controls for each channel.
No tweeter control on the front. Maybe that was an older model.
Both the 31 and 32 are fantastic.
DonM

#121008 - 02/02/05 05:41 AM Re: Barbetta Question
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Ditto!

Gary

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#121009 - 02/02/05 05:52 AM Re: Barbetta Question
Dnj Offline

Older Barbetta models had the tweeter control in front.......they have really evolved thru the years design wise.

#121010 - 02/02/05 12:54 PM Re: Barbetta Question
BlkNotes Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by DonM:
Both the 31c and 32c have 3-band e.q. on the back. They each have 4 channels with independent volume controls for each channel.
No tweeter control on the front. Maybe that was an older model.
Both the 31 and 32 are fantastic.
DonM

Dear DonM and anyone else who can answer;

I am searching for a PA system so I would like to obtain your opinion. What are the sound differences between the se-31 & 32. Based on woofer configuration I would presume that the se-32s have deeper more powerful bass? Whydi du select the 31 & 32 and not opt for the se-41? Please describe the high/mids and bass characteristic, imaging, clarity, transparency, uniformity of sound in the audience etc.. How do the Barbettas sound on instruments other then keyboard--i.e. vocals & guitar, mic'ed Sax???

Do they sound digital on voices?

How do the Barbettas compare against others speakers you have tried & what were they? I presume that their direct competitors are the Mackie SRM 350s & 450s ( if you have heard them how do they compare? ) Any other speaker options??

I have read some information/reviews on the Bose PAS system. It seems interesting. Mixed opinions from individuals ( regarding the preset EQs that are required for different enviroments & in its basic configurations its Mono ) Has anyone heard it? How does it compare to others? Is it worth the price?

Thank-you for your advice
Regards;
SCP

#121011 - 02/03/05 07:59 AM Re: Barbetta Question
GlennT Offline

Loc: Medina, OH, USA
Quote:
Originally posted by BlkNotes:
What are the sound differences between the se-31 & 32. Based on woofer configuration I would presume that the se-32s have deeper more powerful bass?

Not necessarily. Altho I myself have not heard a comparison, others have indicated that the 2 speakers have a very similar bass and overall sound. Price and weight almost the same, with the 31 noticebly smaller. Also, the 32 is somewhat less feed-back prone because of the directional horn.

#121012 - 02/03/05 01:31 PM Re: Barbetta Question
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
I sincerely believe the Barbettas are among the best I've heard, and I've listened to dozens of other brands and models. However, before laying down a pile of hard-earned cash, listen to them using your keyboard. Let your ears be the judge, and let that be your ultimate guide. Even if you have to drive a couple hundred miles to hear them, it's worth the time it takes to investigate the various models and brands.

Good luck in making your decission,

Gary

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online