SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#120995 - 09/22/03 03:50 AM Tyros Mega Voices: can you play them?
Amelius Offline

Loc: Milan, Italy
Hi folks,

I just tried out the Tyros and quite like the overall sound. Particularly impressed with the guitar mega voices(demo), but cannot actually play them. Is it a question of twickening the velocity etc, or, as the salesman in the shop said, they are there ONLY to be used by the styles???

I may be getting old, but whatever I find in the voice section, I expect to play and enjoy.

Am I missing something?

Thanks for your help.

Amelio

PS: first impression: I think they could add an extra octave in the actual size of the Tyros.

#120996 - 09/22/03 05:08 AM Re: Tyros Mega Voices: can you play them?
Graham UK Offline

Loc: Lincolnshire UK
Re-Mega Voices. They are not meant to be played live and as you have already stated are programmed to be attached to the Arrangement styles. Although looking into the future, Tyros 2 possibly in 2005 will provided more than just guitars & basses for Mega Voices and hopefully will be more adaptable for playing live.

Graham UK

#120997 - 09/22/03 05:41 AM Re: Tyros Mega Voices: can you play them?
svpworld Offline

Loc: UK
The mega voices CAN be played, though some easier than others. In a recording you can achieve excellent results without editing by layering the megavoice effects with the instrument sounds, for a good example listen to the mp3 previews of my latest tyros styles which were all recorded live on the tyros keyboard. No step programming was used.
For a live situation where you want to perform with the voice, you can play several of the megavoices provided you adjust the velocity sensitivity. Begin with the Hi String guitar, as this works well without velocity compensation. The steel guitar voice will need the touch sensitivity to be increased HARDEST (top of the menu) as will many others. The electric guitars arent so impressive to play live and you will get the same results from the standard guitar voices (they use the same samples). Infact this goes with most of the megavoices, as the samples are shared with the normal voices. If you want to get the strum effects, slides and squeaks live you will need to split the keyboard and map the same voice to the right but with increased octave to reach those extra noises.

Simon

------------------

forum.svpworld.com - No adverts, No spam, No nonsense!
share your music, get help and advice, make new friends! All platforms invited!!

#120998 - 09/22/03 08:31 AM Re: Tyros Mega Voices: can you play them?
Amelius Offline

Loc: Milan, Italy
Thanks for your replies Simon and Graham.

Any other comments are welcome.

So, I stand correct in saying that Megavoices MAIN purpose is to be attached to the styles, and not being played live. If you manage to play them live (tweackening, splitting, overlaying), the end result if similar to the "normal" voice, which shares the sample.

One more question: if I create a custom style, can I use Megavoices playing these realtime, or do I need step-recording. Sorry Simon, but that it is not still cristal-clear to me. Also, could you e-mail me your Tyros styles for me to hear them?

Thank you all for your help.

Amelio

#120999 - 09/22/03 06:26 PM Re: Tyros Mega Voices: can you play them?
trtjazz Offline

Amelio,
I've played and recorded the mega voices live realtime. As Simon has suggested one has to tweak the keyboard velocity to do so, to a more constant velocity and then they are playable live realtime. You do not have to do step recording to record them.

I bought Simon's 2 new style cd's they're great. If you want to hear the samples go here: http://www.svpworld.com/svpstyledisktyros1.htm
Terry

------------------
jam on,
Terry http://imjazzed.homestead.com/Index.html

[This message has been edited by trtjazz (edited 09-22-2003).]

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online