SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#120822 - 04/25/05 11:45 AM Song dedicated to my friend of Synthzone
Daddy JJ Offline

Loc: Belgium
Hello,

It's now almost 7 months that my son died...It's not easy every day to accept that..I would thanks all the friends who supported me on this occasion , with a new song...It's a bossa/jazz rythm made with variation on one chord..
I would dedicate this song especially to three friends of mine : Scottyee because he loves jazz, Andrea (Dreamer) because he loves Bossa and Dirk (Notlos) because he loves Bossa and Jazz
Enjoy this song made with the PA1X Pro .. http://users.skynet.be/daddyjj/One%20Chord.mp3
Daddy_JJ

[This message has been edited by Daddy JJ (edited 04-25-2005).]

[This message has been edited by Daddy JJ (edited 04-25-2005).]

#120823 - 04/25/05 01:32 PM Re: Song dedicated to my friend of Synthzone
Dreamer Offline

Loc: Rome - Italy
JJ,
I am listening to your song right now: a beautiful, relaxing piece of tasty music,
played with great class.
I have to say that the PA 1 X pro has the best latin styles among all the arranger keyboards I have played. And I really liked your choice of sounds: the Soprano and Tenor Sax, the Flugelhorn and the Electric Piano.
Music can be a powerful medicine for our sorrows, even if cannot change things.
Thank you for thinking of me; I am sure that all our Synthzone friends will love this song, like I did.
Avec amitié
Andrea

#120824 - 04/25/05 02:49 PM Re: Song dedicated to my friend of Synthzone
Tony Rome Offline

Loc: Cozumel Mexico
Hello Daddy JJ....Just this moment finished listening to you song and I have to say it's great...it reminds me somewhat a little of "Take Five" smooth, with definition and purpose....a good showing of your talent....
thank you.....
Tony

#120825 - 04/25/05 03:34 PM Re: Song dedicated to my friend of Synthzone
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Quote:
Originally posted by Daddy JJ:
It's a bossa/jazz rythm made with variation on one chord

then perhaps you should name it: "One Chord Bossa"

DaddyJJ: What an honor to have you include me in your song dedication. I really enjoyed your laid back (slightly behind the beat) playing approach. The refreshing Korg instr voices & Korg bossa style is MOST impressive (really breathes!). Listening to your song has me now even MORE anxious to take another test drive on the PA1Xpro when OS 2.5 (which purports to include rootless chord voice recognition) is released. Let me take a closer look into the crystal ball. It seems a Korg arranger keyboard addition may very well be in store in my future. - Scott

#120826 - 04/25/05 04:07 PM Re: Song dedicated to my friend of Synthzone
Sheriff Offline

Loc: Frankfurt, Hessen, Germany
Sorry to hear about your sad fate. It is the most terrible thing I can imagine to lose a son or a daughter. My thoughts are with you, JJ.
Music is sometimes a good healer but it will never close those wounds in your heart - they are for eternity. But it will always help you to see things clearer and sometimes it will help you to cry out your pain. I hope you found a way to live with the wounds.

Best regards, Danny

P.S.: I liked your song! I would normally say "Keep on rocking!" but in your case it might be called "Keep on bossing!"...

#120827 - 04/25/05 04:25 PM Re: Song dedicated to my friend of Synthzone
GlennT Offline

Loc: Medina, OH, USA
Daddy JJ,

Just gave a listen... well done indeed, very enjoyable listening.

Glenn

#120828 - 04/26/05 01:40 AM Re: Song dedicated to my friend of Synthzone
Carrie-uk Offline

Loc: England
Fantastic! I just love music like this when I'm relaxing on the couch with a glass of wine.....losing all sense of time. it's great!!

Carrie

#120829 - 04/26/05 12:45 PM Re: Song dedicated to my friend of Synthzone
Daddy JJ Offline

Andrea,

It's great to hear news from you after all this months..Thanks for your kind comments..coming from an expert in Bossa like you... Just a question , when can I hear some new song from you.....maybe with the G70 ...
Ciao amico...

Tony,

Thank you for listening and your comments...to compare or remind somewhat of "Take Five" is a great honour for me ...
Greetings

Sheriff

Thanks for your kind words...Yes believe me the most terrible thing in a life is to loose a child ..I appreciate your comments also..

Glenn

Thanks for listening and your kind words...

Carrie,

I know you prefer Robert Miles (I played in the past a version of Fable ....) but I appreciate that you liked this kind of music and "tchin" for the glass of wine ...

Scott,

Like I promised you yesterday, when the OS version 2.5 is out I'll give you a report about the rootless chord voice recognition ...Stay on line my friend ...the future (Korg PA1X pro) is coming for you ...LOL....
Thanks again for all (including the chat...) ...My fingers are tired to day...

Thanks again to all
Daddy_JJ

#120830 - 04/26/05 03:53 PM Re: Song dedicated to my friend of Synthzone
notlos Offline

Hi daddy jj,

Nice song, i love the mood !!!!!!!!!
you play and improvisation is nice on this two chords i love it you play the sax and improvisation on flugel and el. piano.
Keep going on this way. You have the real bossa feeling for composing and playing !!
I think "Antonio" has liked this sound.....

Regards,
dirk
www.notlos.com

[This message has been edited by notlos (edited 04-26-2005).]

#120831 - 04/27/05 02:36 PM Re: Song dedicated to my friend of Synthzone
Daddy JJ Offline

Hi Dirk,

Thanks a lot for your comments...Coming from you is a great compliment ...
Vergeet je niet wat ik gevraagd heb voor een van mijn beste vrienden ...je offerte voor een Yamaha CVP....spijtig genoeg zal hij misschien bij Piens gaan.....
Sorry to all the members from SZ, but it was a private message for Notlos ...
Daddy_JJ

#120832 - 04/27/05 08:44 PM Re: Song dedicated to my friend of Synthzone
Shade of pale Offline

Loc: Allen, TX, USA
Love the bossa style, I have sd1 and Tyros, don't think my bossa sounds that good, also love the kind of "Dyno my rhodes" sound that you used, was that the "octave piano' that I hear?

SD9, Audya5, Genos, Roland XP60, 2 Yamaha DSR12, 2 Yamaha Sub, 2 Turbosound 2000

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online