SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#120645 - 04/07/02 07:17 AM Guitar Center was CRAZY!
LindaFus Offline

Loc: Ledyard, CT USA
Hi Everyone!
I went out with my daughter and her husband shopping for a keyboard for my daughter. She has been hesitant about getting the PSR 2000 (she wants 76 keys) and wanted to go browse the few places we have in our area. Off to GC we went! OH MY GOSH! The place was packed with people (Good for their business) but...kids were banging on the keyboards I mean punching them and Moms and Dads were oblivious to it. It made it so hard to try them out! You could not hear a thing in there everyone was wanting to play like Stevie Wonder and the sales people well...I didn't know whether to ask the sales guy for an autograph or for help. He seemed as though he would have preferred to sign my arm or something. He looked like George Harrison (we all know where he is or is he really?) He was dressed for his gig and his hair well...very beatles..I expected a brit accent but out came the ole US of A!! ha-ha..was an experience and no one not even George wanna-be knew a thing about keyboards let alone arrangers...then there was a younger female playing a Roland Fantom MTV style in the middle of the showroom as if we were at the Civic center! She was good but I couldn't even hear the kids pounding on the used keyboards anymore! I should have been grateful eh? Well we went out with a double keyboard stand and a mic extension for my daughter and laughed the afternoon away about the whole experience. Tried to get our hearing back as well.

There was a Korg IS40 keyboard there for $799 used but I couldn't hear what it sounded like with all the noise. I would not buy used from them after watching what the kids do to those keyboards. The used ones looked very trashed!

I wish we had a GC up here like some of the others have experienced on here. DanO's GC seems so much better! There are no stores to try out keyboards here! I went to Caruso's which is local to me and they didn't have much either. Arrangers are only "Special Orders" as I was told. I guess I will have to prepare myself next time I go out to the GC!

-Linda

#120646 - 04/07/02 09:34 AM Re: Guitar Center was CRAZY!
Bluezplayer Offline

Loc: Catskill Mountains, NY
I dropped my 2000 off for repair a couple of months ago on a Saturday. The "local" store here was packed and it seems like every instrument section had about 10 people jamming on the instruments. I usually go on weekdays and in case I had forgotten that experience was a reminder to me why I do. It took me almost 45 minutes to get my board proecessed for repair that day ( the usual name address and complaint info ).

AJ

#120647 - 04/07/02 08:04 PM Re: Guitar Center was CRAZY!
DanO1 Offline

Loc: Maryland
Hey Linda .....if it was Saturday the 30th ............ Every GC was PACKED !
When I started at GC 3 years ago ...we had 61 stores . NOW ...GC will open it's 102nd store very soon ! Unbelievable ! dano

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online