Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#120560 - 10/10/06 06:14 AM Re: MusicPad Pro price drop at Music123
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Jerry T:
Wouldn't know it - I paid $1199 for mine.
Jerry

Jerry, YUP, that's what I paid too!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by Scott Yee:
I still consider the MusicPad Pro v4 (2nd to the keyboard itself) the best musical investment I ever made, and HIGHLY recommend it, especially at $500.

Scott DITTO on that! No more dragging along a small suitcase filled with fake books!!

#120561 - 10/10/06 06:32 AM Re: MusicPad Pro price drop at Music123
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Lanny:
http://www.music123.com/Freehand-Systems-MusicPad-ProPlus-i423075.music

Price for V4 is now $500 and V3.1 is $400.

My V4 should be arriving Tues and I will have questions about the best way to get leadsheet format music into it. I know scanning will work, but what about creating leadsheet format music directly with music notation software? Is this practical?

Lanny, I got good advice from Scott Yee he's got some helpful info. Here's what seems to have worked best for me. I use Band In A Box. Once I get a leadsheet in BIAB, I just choose to print to the Freehand printer and usually get a great looking very clear image of the leadsheet. I also have a number of fake books in PDF format. I have attempted to print using the Freehand print driver from the fake books, but print quality is poor. For the best results I have to copy the page from the PDF file and paste into Paint then save as a .png file. Once in a .png file I'm able to print to Freehand and transfer to the MPP with a good clean image.

[This message has been edited by Stephenm52 (edited 10-10-2006).]

#120562 - 10/12/06 07:35 AM Re: MusicPad Pro price drop at Music123
Lanny Offline

Loc: Placitas, NM USA
Thanks for all the replys. I got my MusicPad Pro and it appears to be working fine. I will start inputting some music tomorrow.

I just noticed that Music123 no longer is listing the new version with the link I originally posted, but that they still list V3.1 at $400.

#120563 - 10/12/06 10:28 AM Re: MusicPad Pro price drop at Music123
UkTexan Offline

Loc: Chelmsford, Essex, UK
Quote:
Originally posted by MikeUK:
What about your warranty? Will you be covered in the UK if anything goes wrong with the unit?

I have emailed Freehand about their warranty and future battery replacement and this is their reply.

"Yes the warranty will still be good. Do not worry abut the batteries they should last many years. Getting the Pad from Music 123 they have had some of their pads sitting a long time so the batteries may need the following procedure. See attached file.

Batteries Are Not Holding A Charge

There is a minor problem in the battery charging circuit that causes the Music Pad to believe that the batteries are not there when they are.
To work around this problem and get the batteries charging again please follow the following procedure.

1. Plug in the power supply to an outlet and to the Music Pad, leaving the Music Pad powered off for 48hours. This will allow the batteries to trickle charge.

2. Unplug the power supply for 2 seconds then plug in the power supply again with the Music Pad turn off still, and leave for 2hours. This will recharge
the batteries to full.

Use as normal"

I have just received my confirmation that my item has shipped from Music123. If you go on the Music123 site and read their returns policy it appears to be quite good and covers the eventuality of the goods not working on receipt. They will cover the return postage but not the initial postage.

Hope this helps if you are thinking of making a purchase.
Cheers
Carol

#120564 - 10/14/06 07:12 PM Re: MusicPad Pro price drop at Music123
Esh Offline

Loc: Hilton Head, SC, USA
A word or two of caution is warranted and nobody seems to be giving it except me so here it is:

First, on the battery issue - my Music Pad Pro (MPP) took weeks of charging and discharging before it worked properly, despite all advise from Freehand. And the real downer about that is that EVERYTHING on the pad is routed through the battery circuit so even if you intend to use the AC adapter the MPP will not work AT ALL until the battery issue is resolved. If you want to spend money on a new MPP only to have to exercise the battery for two weeks before the unit will work, be my guest... maybe you'll have better luck than I did.

Second, the MPP's latest OS, v4.0.6, has lots of documented bugs and not one single service release has come out of Freehand this year. Read their forums if you want the details. I can't speak for the earlier OS's but v4 is an unwanted stepchild as of this moment.

Yes, the MPP will change the way you use sheet music on stage for the better and I wish I could be as enthusiastic about my MPP as Scott is. However Freehand has been less than honest about the battery issue and practically dead in the water when it comes to OS service updates. I hate supporting a company with my purchases and then wait for bug fixes, and wait, and wait, and...

#120565 - 10/15/06 05:59 AM Re: MusicPad Pro price drop at Music123
Lanny Offline

Loc: Placitas, NM USA
My musicpad pro arrived when promised and is indeed V4.06. It worked fine after the initial 2 hour charge. I have transferred a few pieces of music I have scanned and am now working on methods to transfer directly from Finale Notepad to Freehand format. Anyone know if this can be done or do I need Finale Print Music to follow the method that Freehand outlines?

Music123 is advertising V4 again at $500 but now states it is a closeout. I am curious if that means a new version is coming.

#120566 - 11/02/06 02:57 AM Re: MusicPad Pro price drop at Music123
UkTexan Offline

Loc: Chelmsford, Essex, UK
I have received my Music Pad Pro that I had shipped from Music 123 USA, to UK. I received a letter from Parcelforce to pay the duty and then they would deliver. I live fairly near the depot and went and picked it up. The total to pay was 62.60 pounds made up of the following: Import Duty 7.13 : VAT 47.47 : Parcelforce Clearance fee 8.00.

I opted for the basic delivery and that took 3 weeks from the date of dispatch to my picking it up. I wasn't able to track it with this method though. Everything appeared to be in the box but was a bit miffed that the instruction book is a pdf file on the CD which means of course the customer pays for the printout instead of the manufacturer. There was a getting you started basic booklet which is very basic.

It was considerably cheaper than buying in UK.

I haven't used it yet as thought it prudent to leave it on charge for 2 days, then 2 hours as previously mentioned. The power supply is a 110-240 AC to 12v DC. The plug is a USA plug but I have a converter plug which I plug it into, then into the UK mains. I guess the USA plug can be snipped off and the wires put into a normal UK plug, but I can cope with it as is and I want to prove that it works OK before doing that.

I hope this helps any UK people interested in buying this product from USA. I still have a bank account and credit cards in USA so payment was no problem however the exchange rate is favourable for us Brits at the moment so using a UK credit card should give a reasonable exchange rate.
Cheers
Carol Palfrey

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online