Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#120459 - 09/10/07 02:30 PM Re: Tyros2: a TWO year Song Retrospective
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:
lately posting any music on here just leads to controversy, disingenuous remarks, & what have you....simply not worth it.

Posting any written comments seems to get exactly the same results, yet that doesn't stop you in the least...

No-one CARES if you sing well or not, or whether you play well or not (at least, no-one who's opinion you give a damn about), these demo requests, JUST LIKE YOURS, are an effort by SZ members to hear how an arranger sounds. NOT YOU...

Or do you REALLY need to hear praise for everything you do? ... Didn't think so.... Just put up a short VH demo, for Pete's sake, and quit being so sensitive...

#120460 - 09/10/07 03:21 PM Re: Tyros2: a TWO year Song Retrospective
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:
these demo requests are an effort by SZ members to hear how an arranger sounds. NOT YOU...

I absolutely agree !!!!

#120461 - 09/10/07 06:06 PM Re: Tyros2: a TWO year Song Retrospective
Dnj Offline

Thanx for the varification boyz

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 09-10-2007).]

#120462 - 09/10/07 06:22 PM Re: Tyros2: a TWO year Song Retrospective
mikey_maestro Offline

Loc: San Tan Valley, AZ
great job scott!!!!

------------------
Thanks,
Mikey

#120463 - 09/10/07 06:54 PM Re: Tyros2: a TWO year Song Retrospective
Tony Rome Offline

Loc: Cozumel Mexico
Will someone PLEASE enlighten me and tell me just what the hell is going on....is there something I didn't read or see....has something been deleted .....knock it off....
TR

#120464 - 09/10/07 07:07 PM Re: Tyros2: a TWO year Song Retrospective
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
Hey Donny that didn't mean we wanted you to remove the link to your MP3. It simply mean't that the focus is more on the arranger keyboard itself. Of course the performer is always going to feature using the board, just that discussion doesn't need to get hung up on the performance.

#120465 - 09/10/07 07:24 PM Re: Tyros2: a TWO year Song Retrospective
Rejected Idol Offline

Loc: St Paul, MN
My observation is that the General Arranger Keyboard Forum tends to be like a pool hall. Yep, that’s it. There’s certified-grade-A pro’s, self-proclaimed pro’s, wanna-be pro’s, don’t-care-if-they’re-ever pro’s, and glad-to-be-just-plain-amateurs. And the problem is that when we all get ourselves around the same table, they tell us to take a shot, and then when we do, we get re-reminded of our status. Kinda like this:

And then we’re reminded of the line from “Music Man”. Yes sir, we got trouble in this town and it starts with a capital “P” and it stands for…. Well, you know.

I’ve tried using the “Think system” to learn to play my arranger too, but it don’t work like it did in the musical. Maybe we can all use the “Think system” to make this board a friendlier kinda place.

R/I

#120466 - 09/10/07 07:54 PM Re: Tyros2: a TWO year Song Retrospective
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Nigel:
Hey Donny that didn't mean we wanted you to remove the link to your MP3. It simply mean't that the focus is more on the arranger keyboard itself. Of course the performer is always going to feature using the board, just that discussion doesn't need to get hung up on the performance.

Nigel....maybe I took it the wrong way ...
I apologize for that.

#120467 - 09/10/07 08:04 PM Re: Tyros2: a TWO year Song Retrospective
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Quote:
Originally posted by BEBOP:
We just returned from a week across the road and over the ridge from the 50,000 acre fire in Coe State Park. We were in the motorhome celebrating our 32nd wedding anniversary at Casa De Fruta RV Park

Hi Bebop, been monitoring the terrible devastating 47,760 acre " Lick Fire " on the news. Relieved to hear it's nearly fully contained. Happy 32nd anniversary to you and Jann both. Ok, did Rocky bake you guys a cake? I trust you're continuing to enjoy your Roland E80. Looking forward to hearing another song from you recorded on it. Thanks for listening my songs again. - Scott

Quote:
Originally posted by mikey_maestro:
great job scott!!!!

Thanks for the telephone call. Enjoyed the chat. Trust you're all back to normal now following the trauma of wisdom teeth (all 4 at once ) extraction. - Scott

Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:
these demo requests are an effort by SZ members to hear how an arranger sounds. NOT YOU...

Diki & Nigel: Though 'some' member's only interest in hearing fella member's songs may be merely hearing what the 'keyboard sounds like', there are others (like me) who are far more interested in the actual music, irregardless of which brand/model keyboard played on. I had hoped this forum to be about arranger keyboardists sharing their music, and wanting to become better arranger keyboard musicians, without regard to brand/model, but it's obviously remained an never ending pool hall competition of Egos (as Rejected so well pointed out) of simply bragging : " my keyboard's better than yours". Unfortunately for me, the PRIMARY goal & interest of some synthzone members here is merely to create drama & chaos, NOT music.

Scott

#120468 - 09/10/07 08:19 PM Re: Tyros2: a TWO year Song Retrospective
miden Offline

Loc: The World
i've still got my sd1+ so i might knock together a few recordings with the harmonizer, i use it with eagles,ccr and a few country tunes..when i get time ill do some..its just where exactly to post them as SZ has no hosting facilities.
cheers
dennis

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online